Sign in to follow this  
discostu

Any Mac users with a Craft Robo 2? Just bought one and can't do anything.

Ok, so I just purchased this small machine as I really have no need for anything larger than 5x7.

That said, after installing it and trying to test it out with Illustrator, I'm getting a "Read port error." and nothing happens.

Basically, the rollers spin a bit and the blade carriage moves, but nothing happens...no cutting.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

- Stu

What cutting software are you using?  Illustrator is not your cutting software....it is only a design software, the design needs to be exported into/or imported into a cutting software,,,that has been set up to your vinyl cutter thru an USB port or serial port. .  Such as Signblazer, Flexi etc. 

Actually, the software (Cutting Master 2) is simply a plugin for Illustrator. So basically it should do a contour cut directly from a "cut" layer that I determine within Illustrator.

I've been able to do one correct contour cut so far as a test, so it works...it's just a matter of getting it consistent. Of note, I upgraded the Cutting Master 2 plugin from v1.3 (which came with the machine) to v1.6 and I had the brief success.

Clearly this isn't a popular machine, but I expected some resources at least from the manufacturer or USCutter. No one really seems to understand this machine for use on a Mac.

That said...I'll continue to try to resolve these kinks.

Thanks Speed. I found that site before I posted here and the information is just lacking.

Suffice to say when I figure it out, I will make a follow-up post.

How are things going with this issue... I would sure like to read your report, additionally I have done quite a bit of work with this unit and I would love to offer any further insight if you are continuing to have issues.

-BD