Hannam

Skydiver

oh no Mr. Peabody, now your experience doesn't sound like it ended as well!  :thumbsup:

Thank goodness I have not seen any trees up close after falling from a perfectly good airplane.

I did a static line jump with my brother in-law, bailed out, the chute opened and there was what they call "a line over". Basically, one of the lines was over top of the chute causing it to wrap up and not open correctly. It started me spinning. I had to use the cut away to get rid of that chute and pull the emergency chute. When that opened that was the prettiest color red I've ever saw, really vivid.

Well I missed the landing zone and was heading for the woods. They look really fluffy from up there.  :thumbsup: Saw a clearing and went for that. Well, didn't make the clearing. Landed in the trees. It's not like the movies. You don't just drop down and hang there, the chute stayed over the top of the trees. The wind picked up the chute and dragged me through the woods until it snagged.

The instructor told us if we get hung up somewhere not to get out of the harness, wait for help. So, I waited. Got my cigarettes out of my back pocket, barely manged to get my lighter out. Go to light up and drop the lighter, 30 feet.  ;D Boy was I pissed!! I was scratched up and bruised. No major damage, except I broke a tooth eating lunch!! My in-laws still make fun of the event. They even made up a t-shirt for me. They think they're funny.  ;D

If it hadn't been for the instructor and the training I don't know that I'd be here. Great instruction and training (7 hrs.) then you jump. This was in California, Maryland. I can't think of the name jump school, but these people stopped everything, other jumpers, all other flights and training to come look for me.  :thumbsup: The pilot of the plane helped the ground crew find me. That was the first time they ever had that happen there.

If I decided to do it again, I'd do it from a higher altitude, more time to make corrections. 1500 Ft. doesn't give you much time for quick decisions.  ;D

This is one idea they kinda like. I still need a parachuter. Some one under canopy. Thanks all.

post-2406-12986539249243_thumb.jpg

post-2406-1298653926042_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the eps's.  Son graduated from Jumpmaster School yesterday & I am going to make him a shirt

Maybe Super Duper Paratrooper on top with JUMP MASTER  on the bottom.

Oh yeah in the 15 years he has jumped out of planes for the Army, he has broken his foot 3X

Peggy

Thank goodness I have not seen any trees up close after falling from a perfectly good airplane.

Back when I was in the army, I was told by an airforce crew chief "There is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane."

Harm

Thanks every boby for all your help. I think I got the job!!! :thumbsup::)