xmenop

PCUT LCD/Block Issue ---- FIXED!!!------

My cutter froze up while sending to cutter. I unplugged usb and turned power off, when I plugged it back in the black blocks on lcd where there.

I tried reset button on panel, reset buttons on sides of cutter, but nothing worked.

Think I need to try out your warranty service.

Make sure the carriage is not pressing either red button. If not, then open the cutter and check the connections. I had a customer with the same issue, and the red buttons were not being pressed, but when he opened the cutter and checked the wires, then put it back together, it was fine. Maybe he bumped a loose wire, not sure.

Ok, I followed your suggestions and read other posts on the matter, but still not working.

Took the side covers off checked each wire to make sure secure.

The fan is only thing working, the blocks are all that is displaying. I tried to manually move the carriage by pressing online button and movement buttons.

It could be the motherboard is bad, also found out after removing the cover that the usb connector on side of cutter has corrosion around it for some reason which may have shorted something out.

are their any fuses internally that could have blown or something?

No other fuses to check, but the corrosion you mention worries me. Is there any way you could email me some pics of the corrosion?

kenimes@uscutter.com Also include you serial number from the cutter so I can note your account and give you your warranty options.

Well changed out the motherboard and sorry to report, did not work.

The blocks are still on lcd panel and still not functioning.

Got your email with the bad news. Next step would be the power supply. I will give you the details via email.

Received the power supply in today and changed it out and hurray, my plotter lives!

Thanks Ken for the quick emails and great service.

I look forward to doing business with your company in the future.

;)

Just reading all the post's before I get my cutter.  ;D

It's post just this that made up my mind on buying a pcut  from uscutter.  :huh:

I hope I don't have any trouble with it but if I do I know someone here will be able to help me out.

Great place this is.

Kevin

Its all about service and support AFTER the sale. Others on ebay sell plotters just as cheap..but once they get your money, email support is the best most will do and some not even that.

i've been wandering around the sign message boards ever since i thought about getting a cutter. UScutter sure seemed like they went farther than any other after the sale, and this board is a huge wealth of info regarding getting things going for yourself. for the money we are paying for these pcuts, they are a fantastic value!!