Sign in to follow this  
wwpro

(CLOSED - bought press) Someone with a cap heat press

Hi there

I was asked for my first paying job, tons of questions, but is a friend of a friend, and can bring business later.

Very small order but better to take things like that for training.

4 polos with a small lettering on chest "Marble & Granite", black vinyl, I can get that done with no problem, but they asked for 4 caps with the same thing, and I don't have a heat press for caps. I will get one eventually, but not NOW.

Do you have any advice on how to get that done if possible without the right equipment ?

Is there anyone that wants to get that done for me ? How much ? I know that the big guys won't need this kinda thing, but some other guys just starting out might want to get the $$ and the practice.

Is you want to give an idea on pricing it will help too. The SEARCH function is not the best one around on this forum's software, just try to search for "hat" or "cap" and your in hell  :angry:

Please give your input on this subject.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

EDIT : My idea for the polos is to be on the $12-15 range, is that ok ?

Guest fivestar

I'd be at $20.00-$22.00 for the polos and I could do the hats for you but shipping would kill you on the price I'm sure.  I'm also about 3-4 days shipping to you as I am in Ohio.  I'd try to find someone local and also Renegade has a hatpress for sale for like $150.00 if you wanted to pick that up.  He's a standup guy so I'm sure it works great.

Thanks Five .... polos have a really simple 1 color letter design .. is there something that I'm not seeing ?

I haven't looked at prices yet for a polo should be around $5-8 right ?

I'll wait to see if there's anyone closer that's interested, if not, and you still want to do it, I let you know Five, since know I won't get money out of this, is basically to put my name out when they ask them where they get those .

Thanks for taking the time to chime in.  :angry:

NOTE: How the caps price will aprox ? "wholesale" and customer final price that is.

Guest fivestar

Yes polo prices are around that price range, but it's a percieved value.  Most people "think" polos are alot more then t-shirts when in fact they don't cost much more and by the time you figure in the cost of vinyl for a full graphic on a t-shirt they are very close to the same price.  But people expect to pay more for polos, at least where I live they do.  I did one today with a simple 1 word, single color left breast vinyl and charged $20.00 plus tax.  They was tickled and so was I.  :angry: >:(:thumbsup:

Depends on the hat, but I'd say around $7.00-$8.00 wholesale and you sell it for $10.00-$12.00, BUT that's if you find someone local.  Shipping from here to you would probably be around $7.00 or so.  I honestly don't ship much so that price I'm not for sure of as I normally sell everything locally.

Thanks Five, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm gonna keep waiting to see if someone else is interested in this.

:angry:

I've done polos for the $12-$15 range, but that was for over 200 of them.  Thanks for the plug Five, but the hat presses are sold.  I may list one more if I don't sell my Hotronix, but I have a couple of buyers for it just no one has paid up yet.

I'd be willing to do the hats for you, but I bet there is probably someone closer that will help you out.  Just need to know the details on what hats you are after to price them up for you.  I'd recommend you take a look at Sanmar and see what style you would like.

Thanks Renegade, was looking for an hour for your thread with the machines for sale .... no wonder why I didn't found it.

I gotta wait for the customer to tell me the colors for the hats, since I know is gonna be a gray for the polos.

Thanks for the offer and I'll let you know when I get the info to see if you still have the time to do that for me

thanks again  :thumbsup:

I just picked up some really nice polos from blankshirts.com (not affiliated with them) for $2.50 each. They are nice heavy comfortable shirts too. That's just a smidgen more than I pay for Shirts through them.

Kevin

yeah, I was browsing thru their site the other day and they do have good prices, and a huge inventory.

Thanks for the heads up.

Still looking for someone close to me willing to do only 4 ballcaps, though.