DeSigns

PCut Laserpoint...how to make a cross-cut

Hello all,

I just received my PCut Laserpoint and already did test and sample cuts. I cannot figure out how to do a cross-cut to release the vinyl. Now, I am simply cutting it with sissors, but I have seen other machines that make a cross-cut so the vinyl is cut straight and clean. I have a friend with a much more expensive machine, and the functions are so much easier. Thanks for the help! ;)

After just reading the user manual for your machine,  I do not see where it has the feature...Not all vinyl cutters do..

This function is not on these PCUT based machines.

As you already found out you have to cut by hand.

Paco

Thanks for the info. I'm sad to hear that...it's so easy to just push the cross-cut button. Hopefully this will be my starter machine! Thanks for the tip about the guideline.

Guest round2racing

I advance the vinyl down the front and use the groove at the bottom of the ridges.

My x-acto knife sits in that groove and it makes a perfectly straight cut across the vinyl.

... I have a friend with a much more expensive machine, and the functions are so much easier. Thanks for the help! :lol:

Exactly, more expensive. I, too, would love that feature but understand that I didn't buy an expensive machine. Saving money was worth more to me than having the cutter cut the vinyl for me  :lol:

I free hand cut it with a scissors. I try to cut it as straight as possible, but it isn't worth stressing myself out.

I just run the vinyl to the bottom edge of the cutter and use my elec sissors against the cutter to keep a perfect line, Works everytime :lol:

The edge of my vinyl always gets caught in that groove on the front edge when it's feeding back and forth, but I think that's actually what it's for - a blade guide for manual cross-cutting.  Folks above that are using it for that - I think that's what the manf intended but just forgot to tell us.  :thumbsup:

Get one of these and hang it on your stand:  http://signsplusbanners.com/itemdetail.php?sku=BK353&=&p=Cutting+%26+Trimming+Tools&c=Scissors+%26+Shears&s=Rolling+Scisors

"The edge of my vinyl always gets caught in that groove on the front edge when it's feeding back and forth"

Put a piece of packing tape over it.  This is one of the first things I did when I got my machine set up, the vinyl get caught is annoying as all hell.