Pinewskis

Flexi Starter/Mac Book Pro/ MH721= Freeze up problems

Hi guys and gals,

I work at a ski and snowboard shop and we just purchased a MH721 machine to make some stickers with our shop logos. Anyway I have been running into some problems now with my cut job just stopping out of nowhere and then I go to check my computer and it is locked up to the point I have to manually shut it off by holding down the power key. The job is very simple, or at least I think it is. I attached a PDF copy of the sticker I am trying to cut. Also when I send this to the cut manager I would love to cut 15-20 of them at a time and not have to worry but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can fit about 6 of these in one row on a 24" wide roll of vinyl. It always seems to lock up sometime in the second row (anywhere from sticker #7-#12). I have yet to complete a second row without a lockup. Not sure what the problem is..... I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the Flexi Starter... Also I installed the drivers as well. Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix this would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Matt

PINEWSKIS CLASSIC STICKER.pdf

PINEWSKIS CLASSIC STICKER.pdf

here are 2 things you can do  first go to EDIT on top ot Flexi screen,,  down to preferences, click tools,,, if the box, Connect to local production manager TCP/IP is checked....uncheck it and hit OK,,,  Second,,, open production manager like your going to cut something  click Properties at top....click the blade, where it says PACKET,,,make sure it is checked  and just enter  1000 KB  manually in the box to the right of it.. Also change curve quality below it to MEDIUM, click APPLY  at the bottom AND OK.    See if that changes anything..  I do not work with Mac,, but I have Flexistarter... ;)  and I run very big detailed jobs, and never a problem this way... I used to run out of memory..until I made these changes.... ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the help.... HOWEVER I tried to follow these steps and I don't see either of the areas you are talking about. I'm 99% sure its not trying to connect via TCP/IP.. But I couldn't find where to uncheck that option if it was there. As for the blade part i couldn't find that either. When I do have the Machine on and I send the job I can click the properties and it lets me see how its connection is between the cutter and my computer and it says.... SerialPort1 usbserial-A70072D6

and that is whats highlighted and under that it says.....SerialPort2 Bluetooth-PDA-Sync.

Im not sure if those are the correct settings. I am using the USB cord that came with the machine but it doesn't have a PC serial on the end. Could this be my problem??? Thanks again for the advice if you know how to get to those options on a MAC that would be awesome if i could check them.. Thanks again. Anymore help or adivice is greatly apprecicated.

Matt

I am using Flexi 8.5 ..   enter some text on your layout screen like you are going to cut it,, click file.. click cut/plot ,,your production manager comes up then you have your CUT/PLOT layout screen... at the top leftof your CUT/PLOT layout screen,, under where it says what type of cutter you are connected to is   ..   PROPERTIES,,, click on it... another screen opens that says  Default Job Properties  there are 3  pictures,, if you run your mouse over them,  they say,  layout,  workflow  and cut,,,which looks like a cutter blade.. click on the CUT, the screen changes..   look for PACKET SIZE,  make sure it is checked,  and the box beside it,,  whatever is there,erase and  change to 1000 .  below is  Curve Quality ,,make sure it says  Medium  click APPLY and OK,,,

• Like 1

AWESOME!! That was perfect. I found just what you were talking about. Now i will try and make the stickers and post back with what happens.. THANKS A TON!! Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks again!

Matt

Your welcome....now again for the first part,,,,just open Flexi starter to the main screen,,,at top left is EDIT,,CLICK IT  drop box opens,, clear at the very bottom is Preferences....click it  . it will give you a different screen that says Preferences.  the Tabs at the top read,  GENERAL,  FILE PATHS,  FONT, TOOLS....  CLICK TOOLS,, go to different page,  make sure the box is unchecked, for CONNECT TO LOCAL PRODUCTION MANAGER USING  TCP/IP   CLICK OK,,  this all I know to help ya out on this....hope something works... ;)

• Like 1

Well, it looks like it has been a while since this forum was visited.

I am having problems similar to this (even after changing my packet size to 1000kb and Medium on the curve quality).

What my machine is doing (at the moment)...

I am cutting the word CONTRACTING it is 67.110" X 5.672"

Just as I was typing this...it starting to cut the weed lines...get's about halfway through and the cutter kind of freezes.

It will either just stop cutting (and the only way to "reset" it is to cut off the power or unplug the power cable.

The fun part is...yesterday...I cut something that was more detailed and was 97" long and it cut it just fine.

All files are created in Illustrator and saved as outlines as an AI file...then opened in Flexi.

I am working on a Mac but I'm running Parallels / Windows 7 / Flexi 8.1

I don't think it's the computer or the software because Production Manager shows that the file is DONE (rather than aborted).

Any ideas?

Well, it looks like it has been a while since this forum was visited.

I am having problems similar to this (even after changing my packet size to 1000kb and Medium on the curve quality).

What my machine is doing (at the moment)...

I am cutting the word CONTRACTING it is 67.110" X 5.672"

Just as I was typing this...it starting to cut the weed lines...get's about halfway through and the cutter kind of freezes.

It will either just stop cutting (and the only way to "reset" it is to cut off the power or unplug the power cable.

The fun part is...yesterday...I cut something that was more detailed and was 97" long and it cut it just fine.

All files are created in Illustrator and saved as outlines as an AI file...then opened in Flexi.

I don't think it's the computer or the software because Production Manager shows that the file is DONE (rather than aborted).

Any ideas?

uncheck the weeding lines and see what happens

Any ideas?

Flexi 8.1 could be hit and miss on Windows 7. Was not even Vista compatible until Flexi 8.5. Some get it to work on windows 7, others not..

i'm having a thing the same lines but mine is flexi starter 10 on windows 7 and for some odd reason it won't send my image right to my cutter it's holding for a sec then says it's ready. then my production manager blinks with a save as window, i save the job and then add that job and it only cuts about half of my image i've cut the image before like a not even a week ago idk what's going on. i have the mh 721 from uscutter