Sign in to follow this  
Kwelp68

Should I Use Oracal For Wall Vinyl??

I've heard Oracal makes a wall vinyl, I think it's 631, but I've heard some complaints about it adhering.  Is there a better Wall Vinyl to use?  What about BGS?  Can it be used for walls?  Can anyone give me some input on this?

Thanks  ;)

Oracal 631 has given me no problems and I hear more praise about it then anything.

Hey, that's great all!  Thanks.  Can you all tell me how you ship your vinyl wall decals?  Do you include instructions and a squeegee? 

Thanks again.  ;)

Hey, that's great all!  Thanks.  Can you all tell me how you ship your vinyl wall decals?  Do you include instructions and a squeegee? 

Thanks again.   ;)

It depends on the size.Anything smaller than 11 x 15 I will ship flat in an envelope with cardboard backing. If it's bigger I will roll it with the vinyl side out and put it in a box. USPS has free boxes if you are going to ship Priority Mail.

I include instructions but no squeegee.

Hey, thanks sooo much for the reply!!

Do you ever have problems putting Oracal on preferrated walls?  Also, does stuff with tiny detail work ok on walls?

Thanks again!!

Guest kenya

I include instructions also, but suggest that they use a credit card or driver's license to apply it (unless they order more than one, then I include a free squeegee).  ;)

I agree with Kenya, depending on the size of the order, we will include a free squeegee...for the right price, that is!  ;)

Hey thanks everyone!  What about prefferated walls though?  Does it stick well?  Also, does small detail do alright with wall vinyl?

Another quick question here.  This might sound stupid but I'm looking at the Oracal 631 here on Uscutter and the Transfer tape that goes with it.  The vinyl I want to buy is 24" by 10 yards, but the tape is only 14" by 100 yards.  If I make a design wider than the tape dimensions, do I just put two layers of tape down?  How does that work?  Thanks again.  ;)

its totally ok to double up on your tape but it is more cost effective to get the right size tape. The widest I have is 12 inches then I go down from there, 12 inch, 8 and 6 inch. I'm afraid I will get myself all tangled up in anything wider than 12 inch...lol.

Renee

Hey thanks everyone!  What about prefferated walls though?  Does it stick well?  Also, does small detail do alright with wall vinyl?

No, it doesn't work well on rough or textured walls..  Depending on how rough it is, it MAY work, but no guarantee.  Small detail doesn't work well either, they will have a very hard time getting it to come off the transfer tape.  631 just isn't that sticky, its made as a removable vinyl.

Other Oracals (651) are stickier than 631, but they aren't matte.  Also, they are not designed to be removed, so they will almost certainly take paint off.

You'll just have to experiment to see what you can do and what you cannot with it.

Hey thanks.  I heard someone talking about another wall vinyl on another forum, but I can't remember the name, and I couldn't find the post.  I've seen some companies selling wall vinyl with small detail, so I'm sure there's something out there. 

Hmmm, if anyone does a lot of wall vinyl work, can you post your suggestions and experiences?

I use my regular high tack app tape on 631 and it has worked well except on paints with teflon in them, and then nothing sticks.  For light texture heat it and press it in using something like a tennis ball and it has worked pretty well for me, you do have to be very careful with the fine detail, but you can make it work.  Customers, however, will have a harder time, I warn them about trying it on textured walls, and always say I am not liable for anything they destroy on their own.