wegottees

what is a Carrier Sheet?, Using laserpoint to cut tshirt transfers!!

so where can i buy carrier sheets locally, can i buy them at walmart, where would they be located...

my situation, just got contour cut, wanna cut my epson 1400 cis transfer paper in vinyl cutter, please tell me the process, and where to get carrier sheets, locally!!

thanks!! i feel like im almost there.. to completely understanding

Hello,  I found this in the forum,,,  maybe it will help you..

Welcome.

It is simple and you only have to be careful about one or two things.

1. Amount of blade sticking out of the holder.  --- You  have only the smallest possible amount out. About the thickness of the vinyl.  If you do like to play around then keep reducing the amount until it still cuts.  The smaller the amount out of the holder the better the cut on small letters. And less blades used.

2. If you have two positions to insert the blade holder.  The back position is for cutting vinyl.  The front is for pens or cutting paper on a carrier sheet.  yes you can cut paper if you use a carrier sheet.

Hint How to make a carrier sheet.

Save a large piece of backing paper.

Spray it with contact adhesive.

Let this dry.

Now you can position ordinary white or color paper on your carrier sheet and cut the paper the same as you do with vinyl.

Much reduced pressure as well.

Which brings me to another tip

SMART TIP.

When adjusting pressure ALWAYS adjust from low to high NEVER the other way around.

This saves blades and extends the life of your cutting strip indefinitely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Carrier sheets you can go to a craft store and buy the mats for the Cricut and they work great.

so where can i buy carrier sheets locally, can i buy them at walmart, where would they be located...and where to get carrier sheets, locally!!

Most craft stores (Michaels, Hobby Lobby) will sell reusable CriCut carrier sheets. These are considerably heavier and somewhat more co$tly than the carrier you would acquire at a vinyl supply outlet. I have found if you recover them when not in use to keep the dust off, they will last for some time and then at that point you can rejuvinate them with contact spray. Have never looked for them in Walmart.

Has anyone used those cricut brand carrier sheets?  I just picked up some from AC Moore the other day - holy crap are they tacky!  I ruined the card stock i was cutting when i tried peeling it off - did i miss something?  They weren't terribly expensive, Under $20 for two 12"x24" mats.

• Like 1

you can make them less tacky by washing with mild soap and water,let them dry.

• Like 1

I tried the soap and water that John suggested and that unfortunately didn't really help.  The paper, cardstock, whatever i put on it kept ripping and crinkling whenever i tried to pull it up.  What I wound up doing is spraying it with some goof off and removing ALL the adhesive that was on it.  To cut out my stencils or anything that is not vinyl, i simply tape it down with some app tape or re-positionable tape and I am good to go.