Sign in to follow this  
noelissa13

PCUT Cutting Issue

Hello to all.

Having an issue with my PCUT hopeing someone can help me

Just got it, connected it Serial.

During a cut the cutting depth is not consistent.

In some parts, it cuts all the way through the paper, in others it doesnt even cut the vinyl.

Becasue of this i doubt its a pressure setting. The cutter is out just a tiny bit and ive done my best to allign the vinyl.

Its not shifting over at all, so im sure it straight.

Any other ideas?

Check the rollers on your carriage for the cut head, to make sure they are setting on the rails right and haven't been jarred loose or out of alignment.

Kevin

check the head carriage that the blade holder is in, and make sure it is on it's track..and moves smoothly, sometimes during shipping it can fall out of alignment...

The roller si was referring to are the ones on the carriage, not the pinch rollers that hodl the vinyl in place. THey are white rollers that run back and forth on the upper track. Like Speeddoggy said they can be bounced around during shipping. There should be a roller on the front and back side of this track.

Kevin

Guest sciondrgn

Another thing to check is your cutting strip.. Make sure its securely and evenly seated in the track all the way accross

When mine was cutting deep and then not deep on the other end it was because I had my blade to far out on the carriage, put the blade up in further and use pressure settings to adjust it from there

Please make sure you have your blade holder in the back position on the carriage arm. You will also want to check to make sure your cut strip is pressed all the way down.

Blade out too far, and not enough pressure being used on the cutter pressure setting.