Daniel_KZK

Runs off with a long line

Jim I had this problem with my copam and Ken directed me to install the DGI OM-60 drivers instead of the copam - it will still do it sometimes in signblazer but have NEVER had a problem since with flexi.  some people have said grounding their plotter directly to the frmae helped but the trick for me was using the DGI OM-60 driver

Scott

I am a very simple person.  I do a great deal of research before purchasing anything.  I assumed that I could simply purchase this USB Cutter and use the software, cables & cutter for my business.  Simply getting this cutter to work has become a major second job.

The DGI driver referenced above appears to be for Cocut, another software application that I may or may not need.  In any case I can see no way to install it for Sign Blazer, the US Cutter software.  I can't find any place to download the DGI OM-60 Driver.  I don't understand why the DGI OM-60  driver is recommended for the Copam yet not available for download or referenced in their documentation.

Another day without cutting a single image...

Unfortunately, Jim doesn't have access to a port other than usb without buying additional hardware. That is the issue with newer laptops.

Charlie

Jim, should you opt for the serial port method, here is a link to the adapter. It costs right at $10.00 with free shipping.

Charlie

Hi Scott,

I looked forever for a "frmae".  I finally realized that you mis-spelled "frame".  At least I believe that is correct.

It appears the cutter is grounded to the frame since it's bolted to the frame and the bolts are metal.  Before running a wire, I want to talk with the US Cutter guys.  It's under warranty and I don't want to do anything to void the warranty.

The support staff have been outstanding.  It's just that the problem is intermittent.

Thanks for your help..

Jim...

yeh sorry for the misspelled word - I have tried to switch to flexi for everything as with the DGI driver I have never had the problem again.  it would be under manufacturer DGI  Model OM-60

does your cutter have the connection like this?, to  the RS232 USB to serial adapter,  this is what I used , when I had my Seiki cutter, because I had a laptop with no serial.  It is also Vista compatible,  I am just showing reference, You can purchase, anywhere,  or Radio Shack.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-To-DB9-Serial-9-PIN-RS232-Adapter-Cable-PDA-GPS_W0QQitemZ220461278275QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3354842443&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14  or this

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-to-RS-232-Serial-9-Pin-Adapter-Cable-DB9-RS232_W0QQitemZ370241723447QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCA_Cables_Adapters?hash=item5634205c37&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I tried the USB to RS323 adapter and my machine still hiccupped regularly. The pcmcia port transfers data much faster than USB is capable of doing.

Charlie

I tried the USB to RS323 adapter and my machine still hiccupped regularly. The pcmcia port transfers data much faster than USB is capable of doing.

Charlie

These are  actually  what are supplied with the Seiki machines...  I never had a problem with it..

Brandon Davis assisted me today with the issue.  He changed the Latency Timer to 12 and deselected "Serial Printer" in advanced settings for my Com port.  We then successfully cut several very simple Vector Images and then his test Vector Image.  I thanked him for his assistance.

I later successfully cut two Vector Images then the cutter started cutting random 1/2" - 1" cuts across the images.  I haven't resolved this yet.  I carefully checked Sign Blazer and it did not show the cuts that the Copam was cutting.  Each time I attempted to cut the same image and the random cuts were different.  The images are monocrome (one color - Black), vector.  They were prepared in CorelDraw X4, exported as "Windows Metafile" then imported to Sign Blazer.

Brandon said the Copam will cut vector images flawlessly out-of-the-box with default settings (not sure what default is) using the USB cable provided.  Since I have seen a significant number of people with various solutions to USB problems on this forum.  I'm not convinced that the Copam is designed for cutting complex vector images out of the box using USB and US Cutter software.

I'm ready to return this cutter for credit, but would like for someone, in the business, to checkout the cutter using the US Cutter software and cable before doing so.  I will pay for your services.

Is there anyone in the Sacramento area that is willing to checkout this Copam printer? 

I can't fault US Cutter.  This cutter simply does not meet the needs of my business.  I just want to cut temporary airbrush tattoo stencils for my part-time business.  It looks like the vector images I need to cut using my laptop with a USB port aren't working with the Copam.  I believe I need to move up to a higher level cutter.

Thanks,

Jim Robertson

(916) 248-3835

jim try a dedicated desktop computer - doesn't even have to be that powerful.  I am convinced most problems shown for all cutters involve laptops.  but then again you are using signblazer shich has also shown a problem with complex stuff on the copam.  have you tried reducing the number of nodes?

I worked with Brandon today and resolved the issue.

I first visited the US Cutter web site because of their pricing.  I then purchased my cutter after learning about their outstanding support staff.  I highly recommend US Cutter.  Their prices and staff are the best on the internet. 

I have a great deal of trust in US Cutter and consider this to be the only source for my cutter equipment and supplies. 

I am new to this profession.  I appreciate your patience and persistence in helping me to make my business successful.

Jim Robertson

Hey Charlie,

Thank you for all of your help.

I see that you are from Southern Louisiana.  I have family in Baton Rouge, Zachary and other cities in the area.  I once lived in Algiers when my dad was statationed at the Navy Base.  I love the food and Mardi Gras. 

I now live in "God's Country", California.  The only place on earth where fruit and nuts don't grow on trees.

Jim..

Jim,

Can you tell us what the solution was? My Refine did this once when cutting a complex design.

Dave

Hey Charlie,

Thank you for all of your help.

I see that you are from Southern Louisiana.  I have family in Baton Rouge, Zachary and other cities in the area.  I once lived in Algiers when my dad was statationed at the Navy Base.  I love the food and Mardi Gras. 

I now live in "God's Country", California.  The only place on earth where fruit and nuts don't grow on trees.

Jim..

I actually live in a little town called Denham Springs (5 miles east of Baton Rouge) I have family in Baker and Port Allen.

Charlie

Brandon Davis assisted me today with the issue.  He changed the Latency Timer to 12 and deselected "Serial Printer" in advanced settings for my Com port.  We then successfully cut several very simple Vector Images and then his test Vector Image.  I thanked him for his assistance.

I later successfully cut two Vector Images then the cutter started cutting random 1/2" - 1" cuts across the images.  I haven't resolved this yet.  I carefully checked Sign Blazer and it did not show the cuts that the Copam was cutting.  Each time I attempted to cut the same image and the random cuts were different.  The images are monocrome (one color - Black), vector.  They were prepared in CorelDraw X4, exported as "Windows Metafile" then imported to Sign Blazer.

Brandon said the Copam will cut vector images flawlessly out-of-the-box with default settings (not sure what default is) using the USB cable provided.  Since I have seen a significant number of people with various solutions to USB problems on this forum.  I'm not convinced that the Copam is designed for cutting complex vector images out of the box using USB and US Cutter software.

I'm ready to return this cutter for credit, but would like for someone, in the business, to checkout the cutter using the US Cutter software and cable before doing so.  I will pay for your services.

Is there anyone in the Sacramento area that is willing to checkout this Copam printer? 

I can't fault US Cutter.  This cutter simply does not meet the needs of my business.  I just want to cut temporary airbrush tattoo stencils for my part-time business.  It looks like the vector images I need to cut using my laptop with a USB port aren't working with the Copam.  I believe I need to move up to a higher level cutter.

Thanks,

Jim Robertson

(916) 248-3835

Can you just use signblazer, don't prepare it in coral or anything. do it right in signblazer. I know the vectoring in signblazer is not the best but would it still do the same thing?  The only time i've had this problem is when i used other peoples artwork downloaded and imported from other software programs.

That is one thing i have noticed. Every piece of artwork I've done through signblazer is flawless minus the vectoring that i have to clean up to cut properly.

Hi Ursine,

You asked how I resoved the Copam problem reported in this post.  I replaced the Copam with a Graphtec CE5000-60.  The Graphtec cuts the same images as if it was slicing through warm butter.  No more problems with images.

I'm still waiting for credit from US Cutter for the Copam.  Hopefully it will be coming soon.  I will post the day the $'s are credited....

Jim Robertson

porkchopusn@live.com

(916) 248-3835

Still no credit for the defective Copam and no response to my emails.  I also never received any documentation showing that I purchased the Graphtec.  I do have a charge on my credit card for the purchase but that is it....  How can I show that I purchased a cutter for my business? 

Is this the practice of a reputable business? 

It seems they do not check the forums here, as it seems with my urgent forum post. I suggest putting in another support ticket. One support ticket a day at urgent until somebody gets in contact with you =).

Call them also. Nothing like a bug - always there.