Sparklequeen

Help on getting ready to cut-feeding vinyl.

I need help on setting the machine to cut each time I use it.  I feed my vinyl in and then it starts to cut and always goes off of the vinyl. What is the proper way to set up the machine to not do this each time I cut.  I have a 24" cutter and I am using 12" vinyl.  Any help?

Make sure you load the vinyl straight. Before cutting, manually feed the vinyl through to check for drift, then adjust as needed.

Ken,

How do you "manually" feed to check tracking? Is there a machine setting on the PCut to run the vinyl through the machine with the feed rollers before cutting to ensure it's tracking properly? Also, I just did a cut and the vinyl bunched up. I set the machine up as directed with the rollers about 2" from each end, but I think I would have less bunching if they weren't so far apart.

The metal feed rollers have a thing in the center that does not turn. If you place a pinch roller on it,the vinyl will bunch up.There should be a sticker on the cutter at that point.

AS for feeding the vinyl through,use the arrows . I'm not sure what mode you have to be in,I don't have a pcut.

When I cut 12 inch vinyl, I usually place the pinch rollers about 1 inch from the right edge,3 inches or maybe 4 from the left.

John,

I was running 24" and had the pinch rollers about 2" from each end. This doesn't seem to be the most effective point. I'm going to bring them in closer. As far as checking the tracking, I was wondering if you pull the vinyl through the machine so that's is tracking straight, then let the pinch rollers down. The machine I had prior to this had a setting that rolled the machine through the entire length of the cut prior to cutting so that you could check tracking. I don't think this machine has that feature.

Guest sciondrgn

John,

I was running 24" and had the pinch rollers about 2" from each end. This doesn't seem to be the most effective point. I'm going to bring them in closer. As far as checking the tracking, I was wondering if you pull the vinyl through the machine so that's is tracking straight, then let the pinch rollers down. The machine I had prior to this had a setting that rolled the machine through the entire length of the cut prior to cutting so that you could check tracking. I don't think this machine has that feature.

If you are using sign blazer there is an option in the settings to "Pre-Feed" the vinyl before cutting. But to manually check on the pcut. take the cutter offline and then use the arrows to move the vinyl and once your happy with that bring the vinyl back to your start and press the center button and bring it back on line when your ready to start cut

Scion,

Thanks so much for the help. Exactly what I was looking for. The PCut manual doesn't mention the ability to go offline and feed the vinyl with the arrows. That's what I was looking for in a nutshell. THANKS!

Sorry, I would have responded and told you how, but was out of town all weekend. Good thing we have almost 1500 other users registered to this forum.   

;)

you can manually feed by hitting online and push the down arrow, after the length is feed hit online again it will return to the start.