Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Auctiva Users: What will you do?

For those who have an ebay store, you might know the changes in the Auctiva service and their new charging plan. I think it is really really expensive.

What are you guys going to do? It will be a pain to re list everything.  :'(

I've read of inkfrog. Is there anyoe using it? Any suggestion for an Auctiva alternative?

Thanx

I have never used Turbo Lister.

I copied the Auctiva html code and modified it. I dont know HTML but I figured out a few things. I am reading a lot now.

Be careful with that Joe, those templates are copyrighted.

I know, I read that.

Hummm, whats the worst that could happen? Seriously, How much trouble can I get into?

Figured I would post this link, seems like interesting software http://www.auctionlistingcreator.com/index.html

My question to them is with the image hosting. It looks like you purchase the software with the templates and everything for a one time purchase price which is like $40 but it says that you get 1 year of image hosting for free. What happens after that? I cant seem to find the image hosting prices posted anywhere on their site.

I went back to Turbo Lister.  Auctiva pissed me off so bad with the online commerce thing, I won't pay them for squat.  I nuked all of my listings and images there also.

Yup I cancelled my account with them too. I am back to turbo lister with templates and I am going to host my own images for now on also. I just dont trust any of these online services anymore. Auctiva really F'd me with that whole thing. I had over 300 items listed through Auctiva and now I have to re-do everything.

I had over 300 items listed through Auctiva and now I have to re-do everything.

Man, this pic speaks by itself

saupload_screwed.jpg

Check the New Auctiva Pricing:

Dear Community:

First of all, I would like to start out by saying that as Auctiva's founder and CEO, I am very sorry and humbly apologize for any frustration and anxiety we caused you to experience about the future of your business over the past week and a half. I know that these recent events have greatly upset our community and I take full responsibility for that. I am asking you to give me a chance to make it right.

Flat Rate Pricing

Auctiva is officially moving to flat monthly pricing: $9.95/mo. everything included

1GB Image Hosting

A Faster, Easier-To-Use One-page Lister

Bigger Supersized Images

Better-looking Templates

eBay's Most Popular Scrolling Gallery

Free Scheduling

24/7 Customer Support

plus all of our other time and money saving tools

In addition to our Standard flat rate plan, we have a special Starter flat rate plan for ultra-casual sellers: $2.95/mo., up to 15 listings, 500MB image hosting.

Why Change Now?

Since we first announced our new pricing structure, I

Yeah, I guess Auctiva realized how many people are canceling their accounts so now they are trying to keep whatever they can at this point. A day late and a dollar short as far as I'm concerned. I will never use another listing service again!

For those who cancelled your Auctivia account.

Have you noticed a drop in sales since cancelling the account?  I never did a lot of business maybe 4 decals a week on average.  I haven't sold a single decal since I cancelled that account.

I did most of my selling without the auctivia, I only had it maybe 2 weeks before they started charging, so I was selling before them, but nothing after :lol:

azdecals

For those who cancelled your Auctivia account.

Have you noticed a drop in sales since cancelling the account?  I never did a lot of business maybe 4 decals a week on average.  I haven't sold a single decal since I cancelled that account.

I did most of my selling without the auctivia, I only had it maybe 2 weeks before they started charging, so I was selling before them, but nothing after :thumbsup:

azdecals

Sort of, but things tend to be cyclic with EBay and I think it will pick back up.  Time of year, everyone is on vacation type of deal. :angry:

I think I "may" have figured it out.

Once I signed up with auctiva originally they edited all my existing listings with the scrolling banner (or whatever it was) with things in your store.  I have a few political decals and a few others that I thought might offend the folks who buy my marathon decals.  I muttled around in auctiva until I found how to exclude those items from the scrolling banner.  All seemed good.

Once the announcement came out I cancelled my account.

Yesterday I was looking thru my listings and a few still hadhave the auctiva banner.  Now here is the weird part.  It no longer excludes the questionable decals so that might be offending people.  I cannot go in and change it because I cancelled my account so now I have to manually go into each listing, and edit the HTML code to get the script programming out auctiva put in.

One last FU from auctiva I think. :thumbsup:

azdecals

I had two auctions on ebay and I cancelled my Auctiva account.  The auction was almost over and I had three people buy a few items.  All of them could not pay via PayPal because they couldn't get past the checkout since I canceled my account.  I ended up sending my own invoice for the items, but one guy was pissed off and never paid.  If you are doing a lot of volume I would be careful when you cancel the account.  At least let the auctions listed run out before you cancel.  Seems like the checkout system was tied to my Auctiva account and it didn't exist when the customer went to pay. 

I have been using Auctiva for about 5 years now. I was suprised that it was free because of all it does for you but I knew at some point they would start charging. I got on the Auctiva forum and saw how mad others were and thought the pricing may change so I didn't jump at doing anything. Yesterday I signed up for the $9.99 plan. I don't feel $10 a month flat fee is too much so I am going to stay with it.

I have been using Auctiva for about 5 years now. I was suprised that it was free because of all it does for you but I knew at some point they would start charging. I got on the Auctiva forum and saw how mad others were and thought the pricing may change so I didn't jump at doing anything. Yesterday I signed up for the $9.99 plan. I don't feel $10 a month flat fee is too much so I am going to stay with it.

Same here! Patience is a virtue  :angel: