Sign in to follow this  
tlzimmerman

Heat Press Decision......need some experiences.

Ok looking at heat presses for a couple weeks now, and ya'll know I'm cheap so I am bouncing back and forth between the UScutter 15" clamshell and the Sekie 15" press imported by sunie and sold by Proworld and others.  Hoping for a similar experience to my refine...something that is inexpensive but functions well if you take the time to really dial in or learn the machine.  My refine pays for itself over and over, even doing this part time, hopefully I can find a heat press that will do the same until I can afford to upgrade.  I read good things over and over about the Sekei and thats the direction I am leaning.  I haven't heard much on the UScutter clamshell besides some posts of people heating it up too hot from the Celsius Fahrenheit conversions and it smoking and some saying its not built that well.  Ken posting a couple times saying that the clamshell was "economy class" at best also worries me.  What I am looking for is some positive experiences with the UScutter clamshell.....is there a good number?  If not well then Sekei here I come!

Along the same lines looking for someone with some experience with the different heatpress Vinyls to compare the differences as they see them.  I have found some tidbits, but not a whole lot of comparison done.  Lots of people say they use and have good luck with brand x or brand y, but not the difference between the 2.  I am leaning towards Siser easyweed right now, but also am thinking of thermoflex and eco film.  I would be very appreciative if someone who has used several of these brands would take the time to tell some of the differences between them.

Thanks all for your time and consideration.

Thomas

Siser and Ecofilm are the same thing, verified by Josh at TSF.  I have used both Tflex and Siser/Eco, and in my experience, the only difference is in the backers.  Thermoflex backer almost comes off by itself, whereas the Siser/Eco is thinner and comes off a little bit tougher, but not at all a problem.

I haven't heard anything bad about any films, except for Spectra Cut, which is basically obsolete with the intro of Ecofilm, anyway.

I've not tried either of those presses and likely never will.  I'd recommend getting a solid brand name used if you want to save some money.  I'd recommend Hix, Mighty, Stahls, Hotronix, Phoenix Phire, etc...

I have pressed Eco and Siser side by side and I can't see any difference.  While I have no problem with Siser or Thermoflex and use them often, I prefer Jotopaper's Multicut.

Yeah....I have heard too many good things about the Sunie/Sekei press to go with a used name brand unless I can find a good deal.  I am working on 2 guys who are selling mighty presses, neither one wants to budge much off retail seemingly though. 

Eco and siser being the same thing is good to know.....thanks for that info!

I agree with Renegade. Get yourself a good well known brand. I have 3 heat presses 2 Mighty Presses (15"x15")and 1 Geo Knight (12"x14"). They are like my cutter, they have paid themselves off and have been very sturdy. I have never used a US Cutter brand before. My favorite machine is the Geo Knight which is a swing and not a clam. Burning your fingers to many times is not fun.

Guest sciondrgn

I have the Sunie 15x15 and love it.. It has worked well  ;D

I have a Sunie 15" as well and it has been good to me. So far so good. Good luck in your decision.

Renegade, where do you buy the Joto?  I have never tried it because it doesnt seem like anyone besides Joto sells it.

Renegade, where do you buy the Joto?  I have never tried it because it doesnt seem like anyone besides Joto sells it.

I get it directly from Joto.  I would love to know if there is somewhere else to get it because it often has to ship from Washington and takes longer than I would like.  I usually buy full rolls of white and black from them and just use Thermoflex for custom color stuff.

I bought a cheap  ( $200 ) 15" X 15" 6-in-1 from E-Bay & am satisfied with it . I want to buy a larger press & with the quanity I do , I would still buy the cheapest model .

how, its looks like I posted the exact same question as you.. sunie or UScutter? In my last thread i just posted, several have said for a cheap press, sunie seems to be about the best, so it looks like thats prob the direction I'm going..

I bought a cheap  ( $200 ) 15" X 15" 6-in-1 from E-Bay & am satisfied with it . I want to buy a larger press & with the quanity I do , I would still buy the cheapest model .

mind sharing which one that is? I am interested in one.

- diego

mind sharing which one that is? I am interested in one.

- diego

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-in-1-Heat-Transfer-Press-Machine-T-Shirt-Mug-Hat-NEW_W0QQitemZ330334209554QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ce9740612&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A3%7C294%3A50

The model I got is a different color ( tan ) but it is the same unit . I think this is the seller I bought from . It took me a while to "snipe " it at my price , but I won an auction finally ( I can't remember for sure , but think I paid $175 with free shipping .. been a year ago or so ago . )

I was wrong about the size of my heat press . it is a  12" X 15" & is a bit too small .

I guess I don't see your point renegade.....a sunie press that smells like it gets hot....not a big deal at least to me I would guess its some stray glue or something, and if it were me I would probly tear it apart and find it.  Another bad experience of a press I am not looking at buying....and then a poll of 10-1 people who like the press compared to who don't.  Sounds like a pretty ringing endorsement of what I want to do.

I guess I misread the Senco name and thought it was a Sunie or Seiko.  I've removed the post and I'll try to not bother you any more.

Renegade my post came off a bit grading...and for that I apologize....and I do understand where you are coming from I really do, but I cannot afford a US made press right now, and haven't had any luck coming up with a used one in my area, so its chinese press or nothing.  What I was hoping for with this post is positive or negative personal experiences with either UScutter's press, which not very many seem to have, or the Sunie/Sekei press.  And I am still looking for more experiences if anyone has some!