midwaste

EZ-Up Tents and Flags

Hi,

From your picture I see that the heatpress is lower than your table? is there a particular reason for this.

:angel:

Hi,

From your picture I see that the heatpress is lower than your table? is there a particular reason for this.

:angel:

No, its level with the sides of the stand and the table itself.

Thanks all for the compliments!

Crazy question, but I'm wondering if the regular 651 vinyl will work on the tents. Not to sell, but for personal use. My parents have their own business; they just sell vinyl decals at a farmers market. They have a 10 x 10 EZ Up and want to do just what you did with their own logo on it. All they have is 651, and I don't imagine they would want to buy a whole roll of the correct vinyl for that job. Does anyone know if 651 will even stick? Thanks much!

Guest round2racing

I am going to cut a square of vinyl and stick to my EZ-up and see how it fares out.

I guess that is the best way, experimentation!!!!!

Let ya know what I find!!!!

Looks great!

Been doing these flags quite a bit myself, I get them from a local distributor and sell them on my site or store to store.

Great way to get business going...

I have a 16X24 press and churn them out on the average for about $140-$160 each for an image on one side of the flag.

I have tons of ready made ones as well as blanks on my site.

BTW: the regular vinyl (641 etc.) sticks great if you heat it up on the press, I get about $120 for those and so far the ones I've done have been in service for about a month 24/7!

RG

Killer job on the tent I always wanted try that on my tent but was afraid it would melt in the heat press,because it isn't as heavy as a real ez up.

I am going to cut a square of vinyl and stick to my EZ-up and see how it fares out.

I guess that is the best way, experimentation!!!!!

Let ya know what I find!!!!

MAcgrafix what was the outcome on this?

Midwaste,

Rather noob question, but what heat press vinyl did you use and can you make a recommendation on temperature for application?

I race R/C cars and would like to add some graphics to my EZ-up.

Thanks!

Daddy-o

There was a discussion or 2 about rear tire covers ( like on the back of Jeep Wranglers ) . I applied Oracal 651 to a new cover 2 years ago & it is doing great . On very hot days , I can peel the decal off with a fingernail & re-apply with no harm . I don't think 651 would do good on a tent ( especially on a hot day ) if that area folds when setting up & taking it down . On my cover , the decal is on the curved part over the tire & the rim part that moves from wind .  :(

Midwaste,

Rather noob question, but what heat press vinyl did you use and can you make a recommendation on temperature for application?

Thanks!

Daddy-o

Any of the heatpress vinyls made for polyester or nylon should work.  The EZ-ups I had were nylon, so I used Thermoflex Extra, but I also tested Siser Extra and both were about the same.

Each vinyl has it's own application specs, follow those and you should be fine.

As far as using 641/651, I dont see why it wouldn't work, but it's certainly not going to last very long, especially not going to last through taking the tent down and putting it back up.

As far as using 641/651, I don't see why it wouldn't work, but it's certainly not going to last very long, especially not going to last through taking the tent down and putting it back up.

I've done an ez up for a popcorn vendor the last three seasons.  He gets one summer out of the vinyl, then it's done.  He replaces his canopy every year anyway, so it's not a big deal for him.  He does have to straighten a letter out every now and then, but they do hang on.

Any of the heatpress vinyls made for polyester or nylon should work.  The EZ-ups I had were nylon, so I used Thermoflex Extra, but I also tested Siser Extra and both were about the same.

Each vinyl has it's own application specs, follow those and you should be fine.

As far as using 641/651, I dont see why it wouldn't work, but it's certainly not going to last very long, especially not going to last through taking the tent down and putting it back up.

Thx for the 411 midwaste. When my cutter arrives back I'll need to give that a try.

Daddy-o

Did you pre-press the nylon (like you would for t-shirt heat transfers?)  If so, how did you go about dealing with the extra long length of the images?

It looks GREAT!  :thumbsup:

Midwaste,

Thanks!

Daddy-o

Sorry, missed the question.

I actually just use Oracal 651 and press it at 120-150 deg with the silicone sheet over it.

Sticks fantastic, not a single one has failed before the flag did.

Did you pre-press the nylon (like you would for t-shirt heat transfers?)  If so, how did you go about dealing with the extra long length of the images?

It looks GREAT!   :(

Press, move, press, move, repeat.

Actually I don't even press them any more, works out just fine without pressing as I only need it to stick as long as the flag lasts with daily use which is only about six months or so.

Thats what im talking about taking things to the next level  :( :thumbsup:Thinking big

Sweet!