Aromo

Cannot open port for cutting

Hi,

I have PCUT1200 and have a problem: if I want to start cutting, in the production manager I got a message: cannot open port error. If I go into the production manager and click again and send the work again, sometimes it starts, but the interesting thing: I see the increasing percentage of the finished work... but nothing happens on the cutter! What I missed? If I am sending a test cut to the plotter, it works sometiimes, but sometimes I get similar cannot open port error. The port is COM 3. It is a USB connection but for working it had to install the USB-Serial adapter driver from manufacturer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Aromo

Maybe it does not like COM3- possible conflict with something else, so unplug the USB cable from the computer and plug it in to a different USB port, then see which COM port # it is on, and change the software to that new port #.

Guest sciondrgn

Also make sure you baud rate on your com port matches whats on the cutter, I use 9600

When you say the baud rate on the plotter, you mean the check the Control Panel/System/Device Manager/COM3 port/Advanced settings baud rate and the baud rate in the Flexi software? I haven't found any other baud rate for this plotter (maybe on the machine...)

Guest sciondrgn

Yes make sure baud rate matches both software and hardware.. On the cutter take it offline then go through your options..

Make sure baud/com port information all match

Hi,

thanks for all for help! I tried out on another machine and it works fine... I gave up to searching for the error, as the port is still unavailable. We reinstalled windows and first the cutter was installed. This solved the problem, don't know why.

I found in the meantime a very good cutter software: http://www.signcutpro.com/ This can simulate and show how the cutting knife will work and if you use CorelDRAW, you can set how the knife will work. Simple use layers and cutter will cut first the layer that is in the background and follows until reach the highest level of the layers (top level). This is very good as the cutter does not cut from row to row, it cuts complex objects....

Nice to hear.

I use the same combo of Signcut Pro with Corel X4.

After some hick ups it now works as a sharm.

Paco