Sign in to follow this  
LA Decal

Your Thoughts Please!!!!!!

This was my first boat and my first 2 color sale. He isnt concerned about how long it last due to the fact that he will be pulling this boat through the woods and the decal is going to get torn up. It seems as if he will be a frequent customer. The logo is 24" long x 8" tall done in Oracal 651. All opinions welcome. Please give any advice good or bad. Its all welcome.

Thanks

Chris

post-4592-12986538033992_thumb.jpg

post-4592-12986538034529_thumb.jpg

post-4592-1298653804819_thumb.jpg

post-4592-1298653804848_thumb.jpg

I think it's very well done.  It's a unique font, and the stroke around the letters is the perfect size (not too small to add much, not too large to be distracting).  Arrow is good too. 

Hopefully with it being set between those ribs or whatever, it won't get much wear.  You might consider clear coating it to offer a little more protection (although you mentioned he's not real concerned about it).  But it's nicely done, very good.

A little hard to read... proper kerning could of fixed that issue.

Nice color...

I tried using a font very similar to that one with the little diamonds in the middle. No matter how I adjusted the Kerning, or any other dimensions, i couldn't get it to look right. It always looks blurred out in the middle. Drives ya nuts when ya can't make it work the way ya want. Cause that's a kewl font.

Kevin

Thanks for all the nice words. I have only been doing this for a couple of months now so I am curious. Where would I go to fix the Kerning? I hope that one day I will be able to provide the amount of help to others that yall have given me.

Thanks for all the nice words. I have only been doing this for a couple of months now so I am curious. Where would I go to fix the Kerning? I hope that one day I will be able to provide the amount of help to others that yall have given me.

If it was done in SignBlazer you can select the text then select Node Edit. Two boxes will show up at the bottom of the text. If you grab the right box with your mouse you can drag it left or right to adjust the kerning. one thing to note, when you put your outline on the text it converts it to curves. It only works on text.