Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Peanut

letters overlapping

Hey guys, as with many of the posts I have read, I am a newby at this.  I am having a problem with my letters overlapping one another.  For instance, I tried cutting the work "Supercharged" using Brush Script font and the tails of some of the letters overlap onto the next letter.  An example is on the "u", the tail of the u extends into the "p". This holds true for most of the other letters as well.  I have cut other words using different fonts, and they have worked fine.  Is there a setting somehwere that would allow for greater letter spacing, or is it a problem related to using script type fonts?  Fortunately until I learn a little more about this, I experiment everything i do on a roll of paper prior to actually cutting it, otherwise I would have wasted a whole lot of vinyl.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

very simple.You have to 'weld' the script before you cut. I'm not in the shop right now and can

not remember exactly where the command is,but I posted it last week on the forums,you might try a search.

Thad did it, thanks.  I figured it would be something simple like that.  It left two little spots that were not ligned up just right, but im fine with that.  thanks for the quick response.  I am sure the more I work with it, I will come up with more problems.  Its good to know that there are people out there that are willing to help out.