Sign in to follow this  
Cap

Cheap Ebay cutter

I got a cheap chinese cutter off ebay to start messing around with before making the investment for a good one. Ive used it 4 times and now have a problem. After cutting a job the blade carriage stayed in the middle of the design, I hit reset and moved to the side but the motor continued to run. I cycled the power but when I turn it back on it just keeps running. Anybody run into this before? I know it was a cheap cutter but 4 jobs?

Sorry, yeah i guess that would be helpful. Its the Artsign as-1360.

Interesting... You need to look at the mainboard and motors of this machine for an answer. First of all do you have any kind of warranty from the ebay auction. This is most likely a defective part and while it could be a short in the motor the mainboard is responsible for the control of the motor and is the likely culprit. See if you can locate the mainboard in the base of the cutter and ascertain if it is properly secured and seated above the metal plate it sits on...

Report you findings, I am interested to hear what you find!

The Artsign is made by Refine I believe- similar to the ones USCutter sells, so I would remove the bottom panel of the unit to expose the motherboard, and check connections to it. Might want to check with the seller on warranty service as Brandon suggested as well.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO BUY A ARTSIGN CUTTER. DID YOU GET YOUR PROBLEM FIXED? MINE HAS WORKED GREAT FOR 2 YEARS BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT I'D LIKE TO HAVE ANOTHER JUST FOR A BACKUP.

IF THERE'S ANYTHING I CAN HELP YOU WITH LET ME KNOW.