engs0062

Cuts across vinyl when moving

Ok, this is odd.

I got it fixed. It was cutting tiles very well then I had a black out (no electricity) then when it came back it started doing the same thing again (cutting undesired lines) :police:

Yes Kenimes

I grounded it well. It worked fine util the black out. I unplugged it right after the blackout and plugged it back after energy came back. Then It did the same thing that was doing before on the silver thermo flex but didnt do it in a blue thermo flex. Im not sure if it is the material.

Could be extra static coming off the silver material......have you tried spraying a fine mist of water over it before cutting to hamper the static?

Are you sure this is not a "too many points" problem? My "diagonal slash the vinyl art to death" glitch happens when the cutter has to cut detailed art like extremely jagged fonts and large layouts, the cutter runs out of memory the best I can describe it and crashes and slashes. If I cut the layout into smaler sections, i.e. one word at a time, or one artwork at a time in the software and load them individualy in the cutter, they cut fine. One recent example to prove my point is a sprint car racers art I did on Illustrator, just fonts. I layed out everything to cut so that there would be little waste, and the total length was like 9 feet X 24"(width of vinyl used). The font was a simple one with smooth rounded edges and the machine cut about 75% of the work then crashed and slashed... Wasting the art and changing from USB to serial (I tried everything I could at the time with no knowledge) then tried again and the same result. I then went in and saved the names and numbers in about 10 different files, and cut them with no problems one after the other.

Sounds like a pain in the back.

I can do that for small jobs and short runs. I wouldnt do that for big artworks. We should make thing simple, not more complicated.

Are you sure this is not a "too many points" problem? My "diagonal slash the vinyl art to death" glitch happens when the cutter has to cut detailed art like extremely jagged fonts and large layouts, the cutter runs out of memory the best I can describe it and crashes and slashes. If I cut the layout into smaler sections, i.e. one word at a time, or one artwork at a time in the software and load them individualy in the cutter, they cut fine. One recent example to prove my point is a sprint car racers art I did on Illustrator, just fonts. I layed out everything to cut so that there would be little waste, and the total length was like 9 feet X 24"(width of vinyl used). The font was a simple one with smooth rounded edges and the machine cut about 75% of the work then crashed and slashed... Wasting the art and changing from USB to serial (I tried everything I could at the time with no knowledge) then tried again and the same result. I then went in and saved the names and numbers in about 10 different files, and cut them with no problems one after the other.

i have come across that same problem, i think it can only hold so much for memory in cutting. you end up with more scraps but better scraps then trash.  :)

lue anne

I had a design doing this but it was in the cutter path. When you ran the cut it would show solid lines in the replay (instead of dashed lines when the cutter is in the air). Every thing looked good on the screen except when I would do a Node Edit of the geometry. Then some points (nodes) would shoot of the screen. I had to re-create the geometry to fix it. I saved some screen shots of the replay. I will post them later.