Sign in to follow this  
malloryjo

Can't get my LP24 & Flexi to work on MAC OSX! Please help!

I have just recently switched from my home computer that was a PC with Sign Blazer and am now wanting to use my LaserPoint 24" with my MAC laptop. I bought FlexiStarter 8.5v2. I downloaded the appropriate driver from http://ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm and it still will not show my LP is connected when I go to try and cut an object. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?? I had no problems with the SignBlazer on my PC and now I'm kinda worried I shouldn't have bought this program and switched to my MAC!

Select the Creation PCut Ct630 DMPL as the make and model, and if the USB drivers are installed correctly, and the USB cable plugged in, your Port selection should be Serials2....or something like that.

It is still not working. I selected the CT630 as my make and model and it shows up fine. When I go into cut, it shows exactly what I am wanting to cut. When I press SEND, it acts like it is doing something for about 2 seconds, showing the job very breifly in the status box then flashing off. But nothing happens. Could it be the USB cord? It never worked with my PC either. Any other suggestions on what I should try? I made sure the drivers were installed correctly, even doing them again just to be sure.

I tried a new USB cord... That didn't work either... It shows the CPCut Ct 630 as my cutter, but it is like it never really connects to the LP24. PLEASE HELP!

Well, what did you select for the communication port? Does the cutter say Online when you go to cut? You may need to power cycle the cutter after each unsuccessful cut to clear the buffer memory.

I have successfully configured flexi with a PCUT on a Mac running OS X ... I believe I can help you easily with this issue if you are still looking for help!

Yes.. I am still looking for help! My LP says online the entire time. It is just not recieving the information to cut. It acts like it is not even hooked up. Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!