wilsedoggy

blade doesnt complete an image totally clean..(just read the post)

i was struggling to think of how to title this issue, but basically what is happening is on some jobs the cutter will not make a "clean" enclosed cut. what i mean is it will start out cutting the shape perfectly, but when the blade is coming back to the point where it started, it misses by the slightest margin leaving a tiny "hair" of vinyl. i am assuming this may have something to do with the offset, but i dont know how to adjust it or what i should have it set at. generally this happens with smaller sized items over larger sized ones. sometimes there will be an obvious edge, or point on the decal where the blade came back around missed its target by a mm or so. any help is appreciated..

- wilsedoggy

could be the offset, or it could be that the vinyl is not tracking 100% straight.

This sounds like an offset issue. If you are using SignBlazer you can find the blade offset setting on the Setup screen. Change your blade offset to .25 and try it out to see if this fixes the issue. You may need to adjust the offset further. If this is the case adjust your offset by .05 increments until you get a satisfactory cut. Let us know how this goes for you.

Agreed offset we have often seen cause this issue... Levi and I saw a bad cut the other day which was corrected by adjusting the offset. I like to also point out that slowing down the cutter speed can also yield some positive, however minor results.

-Brandon

ok exactly what is offset? i adjusted it to .20 but that didnt really fix anything. i can still see that the blade is missing its endpoint by a tiny bit. is this something that i need to adjust it higher (.25, .30, .40, etc.) or lower (.15, .10, .05, etc) to make it more accurate? i think understanding what offset is might help me with that decision. lastly, how would i go about changing the cutter speed? i dont recall ever seeing this option, and since pretty much all the material that came with my plotter is in chinese i have no useful instructions. thanks again

You can think of offset is how far away from the exact center of the blade holder the tip of the blade is.  A blade is not like a pen, going straight and then turning at 90 degrees will yield a perfect corner with a square, do the same thing with a blade and it will round it slightly, the reason is that the blade is actually following the center of the blade holder .25 mm or 1/4 mm.  Think of it like pulling a trailer, to make a 90 degree corner, if the vehicle pulling makes a perfect 90 the trailer does not.  Adjusting the offset will make the cutting program compensate for the offset of the blade and make your cuts come together better.

Hope that is a good explanation.

You are probably going to want to swap out the blade if it is broken.

If you have flexi 8 or higher i believe, there is an "overcut" feature... I do not know how i lived with out it... it over cuts the starting point and end point.  Its a beautiful thing!

I have also purchased the CR630 with the PCUT style blade and blade holder...

The blade IS alot skinnier then the roland type of blade that comes with the plotters purchased from US cutter...

So my concern is, is the center of the 2 diffrent style blades the same?  If not, then I can see why there are problems completing the cut...

advanced tab, then click overcut option

Thank you, but I guess older versions don't have that option.  looks like

i'll be upgrading soon, since I want to switch to Mac.

I think SignCutPro offers the best setting manipulation... Might want to think about Using Adobe Illustrator and SignCutPro over Flexi on your new Mac....