Sign in to follow this  
BannerJohn

we've all felt like this

I love that movie.  It's not really an exaggeration of corporate life.  Dilbert is another example of fiction is not much different than reality.  I spent 12 years working for a major US corporation in the IT dept.  I was in charge of IT in the eastern US when they shut the division that I worked for in 2002.  They laid us all off in stages and I was in the last stage along with about 30 others.  I took the print server (which was past due for retirement and wasn't required to be returned to corporate) and invited everyone to my house for a goodbye BBQ.  I put the server on a tree stump in the woods that backs up to my yard and everyone took a chance or 5 at it...with either my .303 Enfield or my 12 gauge, depending on their preference.  I doubt that the stress relief was permanent (we were all looking for other jobs at the time), but it felt good at the time.  Wasn't much left of the server afterwards.  Took a while to gather up all the pieces for the trash pickup...00 Buck makes a mess of a Compaq at close range.  LOL