Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

Custom design in backpainted glass

Guest Schramm

Here is a project that I am working on that requires something that I do not have - PATIENTS!!!  After months of trial and error and testing on glass with many things I have finally found my answers however the amount of time that you have to wait to see your completed work is INSANE!!!  Either way I am not done with it but here is the project in the stage that I am right now.  The first pic is the design (note it is shown in Tiffany Blue) the actual backsplash is in a beautiful red as shown.  I will post pics once the project is 100% complete.

post-0-12986537305163_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537305467_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537305757_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537306228_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537320464_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537320678_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537320876_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986537321034_thumb.jpg

Guest Schramm

Dave,

I will tell you that I wish I had all the money back that I spent trying to develop this concept where it actually works everytime.  I have had many designers ask me about doing backpainted glass over the last 3 months and it is great that I finally can tell them that I can do it!  Custom designing on glass is a tough business but there is no real compitition in the USA for this as I am pretty much taking a UK idea and running full force with it!  Prices on this type of work run in the upward $40-100 per sf so hopefully it will be a win win situation.

Guest Schramm

All there will be is the white back painted to highlight the design and the installation.  They are in the process of getting some stuff moved around so I dont know how long it will be going there today to look.