Sign in to follow this  
poppie

Size of output

I can't seem to make a vector graphic any bigger. No matter how I adjust all the 'measurements' my graphic still cuts at ~4.5 inches. I have gone as big as 18 inches wide an 7 inches high, but it still cuts 4.5 wide and ~1.7 high every time. Does it have to do with the size in the .eps I'm opening? Or what trick am I overlooking? :thumbsup: :'( :'(

go to view and then design central and from that box you can change the size. you can also change it from the cutting window

all I use is Flexistarter, I have never had that problem,  I can import any ai.. or eps and scale it to the size I want..  I do graphics 120" long , never a problem,

after you click cut/plot and your production manager comes up, at the top where is says Properties/ click it,then where it shows a picture of a blade, scroll over it, it says CUT,  CLICK it,  check your resolution numbers,  I keep mine at 1020 steps/in      click apply  click ok...                 

;)

My Properties is set to 350 steps/in. I changed it to the 1020 as advised and it cuts like it should  ;)

Now, my question now is what is this parameter and what does it mean? What if I increased it to, say, 1200?

Don't do it... LOL  at the measurements I told you,,,  1020,, as only a starting point,,,,  cut a  square or something    like  L 4" x 1" W  then actually measure that area.  See if it is real close to being  4" x 1"  ...  If it is under the 4" x 1"  just add a little,  like 1022.... If over ,  take a little away,,  1018...  Don't jump to 1200,, It will take you way over.     

;)I wouldn't do that, I was just asking. It seems USCutter has just released new Flexi Drivers (middle of May). After careful examination it looks like the new drives sets the parameter to 1024. I will be loading the new drivers this evening. So althought 1020 seems to work fine, maybe the 1024 is the most accurate?

;)I wouldn't do that, I was just asking. It seems USCutter has just released new Flexi Drivers (middle of May). After careful examination it looks like the new drives sets the parameter to 1024. I will be loading the new drivers this evening. So althought 1020 seems to work fine, maybe the 1024 is the most accurate?

I can't answer that. that would depend upon your software,,  and where it gets you the most accurate...

Well, I set the value to 1024 after loading the new driver from USC. I cut a graphic that had a border about 20 x 15 and when the cut was complete, the last corner of the border had a ~.20 gap between the starting point and the end point. So it seems 1024 was a bit much. I'm changing it back to 1020 and try the measuring trick on a 4x4 or similar size. I assume the 1020 has to do with the feed roller rotational increments per inch? Anyway, it's just a matter of doing the fine-tuning now. Thanks to every for their help getting me unstuck!!! :thumbsup: