Sign in to follow this  
prettybird

Anyone know anything about Flexi Sign Pro Version 8.1?

Hello, does anyone know anything about Flexi Sign Pro version 8.1?  Is it a full version that does everything like ripping, cutting, etc?  I am trying to figure out what kind of software to get with my Roland Soljet SC500.  I guess Flexi Sign Pro 8.5 would work, but I am wondering if 8.1 works just as good?

Thanks!

Deanna

Hi again, I also need to be able to vectorize stuff.  Will 8.1 do this kind of stuff?  Thanks

not a big difference between the 2. If you are getting a deal on one,go for it.

Do you know if this version requires a dongle?  This person that we might buy this from said it doesn't need one.  Just wanting to make sure this is true.  Thanks

I never saw Flexi without a dongle unless it was a pirated cracked version.

Flexistarter IS sold without dongle.  key, called "Softkey", you just have to be on the internet every 15 days or license will expire,, purchase from Desay on EBAY,,  Flexi distributer... don't know about Flexi Pro,  I would check first with  esupport@saintl.biz  and ask them if they sell a version like that first. That is alot of money to spend and not get what you want.  That is support email for Flexi.. 

what I said applies to FlexiPro. There is no legit softkey version of Pro as far as I know.

As far as the Desay version...be careful, some versions they sell work ONLY with certain cutters and do not contain all drivers for all cutters.

here is info on Flexi Print and cut 8.5 version, which is less expensive than Flexi Pro

http://www.saintl.biz/pdf/about/financial_info/Flexi8PRINTCUTds.pdf

item being sold on EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/Flexi-Sign-8-5-Print-Cut-w-USB-key_W0QQitemZ350199057758QQihZ022QQcategoryZ26245QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here is the cutter list that Desay has on their website that Flexi 8 supports.

http://www.desaypc.com/epdf/fcutters.pdf

Thanks for the info.  Does FlexiStarter do ripping and can you vectorize stuff too?  Or do you need another software to work with Flexistarter?  If so, what kind do you recommend?  Thanks.

Flexi Starter does not vectorize. INkscape (Free) will do that and often better than FlexiPro.

If you are just getting started, I strongly suggest that you buy the starter version and not spend $1000+ for something you may or may not need. You can always upgrade.

Guest fivestar

Flexi Pro will RIP Flexistarter will NOT.  Flexi Pro requires a dongle unless it's pirated like John had said.

we are all learning here, from EVERYBODY's  experiences,, I read here alot,  and have definately learned alot, so your welcome, just glad I could help a little