tservice

pc cut 630 or sign blazer issue?

tservice..not a stupid question.

I didn't turn anything off.  After it cut perfectly I would push:

1.  "Online" on the front control panel of the cutter. 

2.  Hit the downward arrow to advance the vinyl enough to cut off.

3.  Push "reset" on the front control panel (which automatically put it back online if I remember correctly).

4.  Line up the vinyl for a new cut.

A couple other things I did was in SignBlazer I clicked "finish" after each good cut, then clicked it back to the cut screen to cut.

Also I noticed that on the good cuts the "sending to printer" (progression indicator box that pops up when you hit cut) only stayed visible for a short time.  When it was a bad cut and not going to finish that box stayed on there the whole time.

As far as the USB, I don't think that made a difference.  I did have 1 good cut before I changed it.  Also, it messed up after I changed it.  I think I'd try the reset trick before spending $40.

Hope you get yours working.

just curious...where did you geta  USB cable for $40? Cirtcuit City? I usually pay $1 or 2, never more than $5. I have a drawer full.

BUT at least you have a spare if you ever need it.

I think what happens when you reset is that you are clearing the memory,and I have suspected all along that it was a memory problem.

I am not sure about the pcut but I think you can buy a 4mb memory upgrade for the refine for about $15. Check with Ken.

Also,venturing into dark territory here..but any graphic,I think,that you cut,has nodes. I assume this is what goes into memory. I have heard that you can reduce the nodes.

TATER? FIVESTAR??? you are needed..I am not an expert on this.

hey Ken...do I get another star when I hit 500 posts? Sorry,I get silly when I'm tired. Good night,all.

Thanks DJ and Banner John, and Ken. I will try the rest. If that does help can the memory be upgraded?

Thanks to all !!!!!!!

We do have mempory upgrades available for the Refine series only at this time. 4mb upgrade from 1mb for $12, failry inexpensive.

BannerJohn.....I am not sure how the star thing works, but 500 posts is indeed impressive!!  ;D

dj, glad to hear that it was a simple fix after all of the trial and error, I was begining to draw a blank, and would have had to wait to get my PCut put back together, and then run some tests myself. Still plan on doing so.

;)

hmmm.$40 cable..that would be WorstBuy - formerly known as BestBuy.

So far so good...did 2 more signs 20x36 and using the reset button all went well.

glad to hear all is still going well. I really think it was a memory problem and reset is clearing the memory. I can't thinbk what else it could be.

Well, after reading through this thread, I thought my problems were over.  I had been experiencing this same issue and was wasting vinyl by the yards.  After trying the reset trick I got a couple of things to print in a row, which hadn't happened yet.  But then it stopped again the third time through, even after resetting several times.  And now I have a cut that I can't get to work for anything.  I've tried at least ten times and each time it gets just a few letters into it and then I can see that blazer stops sending to the cutter.  The tracing of the cut stops exactly where the cutting will stop and the blue progress bar that says it's sending to cutter just freezes.  I've tried tweaking baud rates, I've changed the port, I've changed the cable, I've rebooted, and I can't cut this.  I'm very frustrated right now and just burned through several yards of good vinyl trying to get this to cut. :'(

I can't believe more people aren't experiencing this issue.  For the record, this is a brand new Toshiba laptop running Windows XP.  Anybody have any suggestions?

I had the same problem. The solution that worked for me was, I installed a ups to remove any power fluctuations, reset after ever large cut. Also I removed every usb device that was connected to my laptop. Hope that helps.

I am having a similar problem. I am cutting a 3.5 x 6 inch logo with a PCUT and when I try to cut multiple copies of more then 3, one of two things happen. Either signblazer will stop transmitting data and will lock up or it will seem as if it is locking up(by pausing on sending data, but will start sending again) and I have some decals that dont have cuts completely. When I say dont cut completely I mean it will forget to put an "S" or it will cut the inside of the "O" but not the outside lines. When signblazer locks up I have to do a complete restart on my computer. Its seems to me that Signblazer is having a problem submitting this much information to my PCUT and then locks up. I am using the USB cable supplied with my cutter. I have yet to try one of my others. I am using XP, newer computer, plenty of RAM and hard drive space, and am not running any other programs other then Signblazer while cutting. My baud rate is at 19200 on both, cut speed is 40. I am new to this so it is completely possible that I am over looking something. My company needs about 50 stickers per day to send out with each of our orders. So if I am unable to cut a large batch all at once, I will have to find another way of going about this. I was able to do a batch of 15 with out locking up, but 3 out of the 15 where incomplete cuts. 

CDSLOGOcopy.jpg

the more I see this problem the more I am convinced that it is a memory issue (not your computer memory but the cutter memory). 1mb is not a lot of memory and when you send a lot of info to the cutter,it will stop when the memory is full. It's that simple.

Try cutting 10 at a time and see what happens.If it still does it,reduce the number of cuts per run til you get a successful run.

Hopefully,US Cutter will soon be able to offer a memory upgrade for the pcut the same as they do for the refine.