Sign in to follow this  
hobbymom

Font Question (We need to add a topic for fonts)

I have a question about cutting script fonts. It seems like all the fonts that I have that are script want to cut into themselves where they overlap. Is there anyway to get around this?? I am sure I could seperate (by spacing) the letters out so they don't touch, but I like the script look. I have thought about cutting them out and just not weeding the overlap, but I am just not sure that looks professional. Is that my only option??? What I don't understand is where the overlap is, it should just group and form one image not cut into the next letter? Please let me know if you know how to fix this or even understand what I am talking about.

I know exactly what you are talking about and the solution to the problem is "welding". You need to weld the letters so that they connect in one piece versus individual letters. I'm not sure what software you are using, but its very easily done in coreldraw. Anyone else know how she might go about welding them? signblazer, signcut, etc?

also easily done in Signblazer,as are most things. Use 'node edit' to get your script connected,then click on ARRANGE at the top menu, weld,then common weld.

It's That simple,really.

I don't have those programs. I have Inkscape, Signcut, Photoshop and Illustrator, but that isn't loaded still. Does anyone know if any of those programs work! Yahoo! I am glad there is a solution out there!!!

I can't find a way to do it in Inkscape or SignCut. Signcat,after all,is a cutting program not a designing program.

I strongly suggest that if you are going to be doing a lot of this, get the SignBlazer from Ken. For $60 you will not get a better application and you can forget about Inkscape...do it all,design,cut,outline.etc in Signblazer. You will be very happy you got it,believe me!

If this is just a one-off, send me the text,I'll weld it for you,save as an .eps.

Nope, I will be doing this all the time. Okay, how do I get this from Ken?? I would love to have a "one stop shop, " if you know what I mean. Will it cut off line?? I am going to a show and I need it to cut off line. Let me know!

Thank you again!

Jessica

The only time you need to be online is when you install the software. After that, you don't have to be online to use it.

You can email Ken directly or just purchase it from the US Cutter store:

http://www.uscutterdirect.com/Software_c_10.html

you will NOT be disappointed. You will LOVE it. You will name your next pet Blazer. I can't say enough good things about Signblazer. I've seen programs that cost 10 times as much that won't do what it does. and No,I don't work for SignBlazer. I just was (and am) so THRILLED with a good,reasonably priced bit of software,after struggling (like you) with inferior products. This is the best investment you will ever make (except for the actual cutter).

Be advised...you can only install on ONE computer so install on the one you plan to use it on.After that,in order to move it to another computer,you have to uninstall (while online) and get another activation number.

If you want to play around with it, while waiting for it to arrive,you can DL the trial version here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vinyl-Cutter-Software-SignBlazer-Elements_W0QQitemZ150138885470QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3180QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

just click on download trial version and save,then install.