CRD

MANUAL FOR NEW BIE - HOW TO START FROM NOTHING TO YOUR FIRST CUT!

thanks for replying

im setting a force and speed.

when i set v: 60-70 F: 30, it seems ok for cutting a nomal vinyl

but the manual says it normally v :60, F : 100-150

wonder my setting is not correct?

thanks

Take the knife holder out the carriage arm.

Run the holder over the vinyl you like to cut.

If it cuts through the backing reduce knife sticking out.

Repeat until it cuts the vinyl but not the backing.

Remount the blade holder.

Test from 30 pressure onwards until it cuts nicely leave speed at 60 and test with a 3 x 3 cm square.

Paco

Hi, Thank you for this manual, it has helped so much

I am having problems with the USB driver.

I downloaded the file you had on the manual and extracted it.

When I go to my device manager, the USB to Serial port is listed under other devices and it is highlighted yellow.When I double click it it says that it is not configuered correctly, so I pressed reinstall driver  It then tells me that it can not install hardware.

I tried to set up the USB cable but can not figure out the com port that is being used, I tried a few of them, but it does not hook up to the plotter.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Diane

OK here we go and I hope this helps.

Follow the steps exactly (do not alter it) please!!!!!!!!! :D

Remove all the serial to USB drivers ports you see in the hardware manager.

Then remove all external USB devices and cables connected included the plotter to the PC (except the mouse and keyboard if they are USB).

Restart the PC.

Perform the FTID.exe file for the USB drivers you downloaded.

Now hook the USB from the plotter to the PC and it should mention it has found new hardware and installs the driver automaticly. If not let me know.

Then go to the device manager and check which serial USB comport is used.

Select this port in your software to be the same as mentioned in the manual.

If this does not work you might choose a recovery point in Windows (Vista or XP).

Choose a point before the plotter driver or any other plotter driver was installed.

Remember that some software installed will be deleted and need to be reinstalled again (NO WARRANTY).

Now install the FTDI.exe file again and hook de plotter on and see if it detecs new hardware and installs the USB drives.

Let us know,

Paco

We are currently at version 4.6

We added the red kill switch as reset button option for the US CUTTER LASERPOINT machines.

Regards and enjoy,

Paco

Version 4.7 now online.

Added screenshot of portsetting for windows 7 and some minor changes like link to new FTDI USB driver for PCUts and others.

Enjoy,

Paco

Hi I recently downloaded SBE and in the setup menu for cutter I chose creation Pcut 630 and a message comes back telling me to pick another cutter. Is SB compatable with Creation CTN630? Thank you for any info.

George

It should.

Try laserpoint USCUTTER LP24.

Paco

Thorsfoundry,

Thanks for the nice words.

Glad to be of any assistance where possible for all forum members.

Nothing special for me. :D

Paco

version 4.8 is online and we added the two different knife holders and knifes diameters to the document.

Paco

RE: step #5

Hey Paco,

Firstly, let me thank you for your awesome tutorial so far. As we all know, the instructions that come with the Creation Pcut are nothing but hilariously mangled engrish, and your knowledge is very much appreciated.

There is one issue I'm having that the tut doesn't quite cover, so let me describe it in detail.

I'm using Win7 and just purchased a Creation Pcut, and the newer models come with both a USB and a 9 pin to 9 pin serial cable. As per your instructions, I'm using the serial b/c I don't want to mess around with dodgy USB drivers... but I'm not getting my computer to recognize the plotter.

There's only the one COM port which I applied all the settings to, but nothing comes up once I connect. Can you specify when the computer should start reading the plotter? I tried to see if restarting the computer would make a difference, but to no avail.

Thanks,

Wakuda

HI,

Check in Windows at the com1 setting ,in your plotter program and the plotter itselve the speed is set to 9600 bps.

I have read somehwhere that the serial cable is a special one and you have to use the one that comes with the machine.

If I am not mistaken it should be a NULL MODEM serial cable.

You can always install the latest USB drivers as mentioned in the manual.

Then first try to run at USB and if this works and you understand the wotking of the machien switch back to real SERIAL DB9 port.

Let me know if this helps.

Paco

Thanks for the advice!

In the end, I couldn't get the serial port to recognize, so I tried the USB and it's working now.

Good to hear it is working anyway.

Paco

Thanks guys,

I need someone who is fully into MAC things to add the things that differ from WINDOWS computer to the manual.

Anyone able to help MAC newbies?

Paco

Great manual, thanks. Anything out there on how to get 2 color bitmap ready for cutting, need the 2 colors in final process. Thanks ahead!

Version 4.9 is online.

Added the static build up problem solution.

Enjoy,

Paco

Thank you this has been extremely helpful, I am cutting now exc ept with one error. It seems when the cutter moves omfr position to position it tends to cut lines across the design. Anyone knows a quick fix to this?

Raise the blade depth and make sure the vinyl is pulled tight when you set the rollers.

SWEET ! ! ! Thanks..

Please help?  Where do I get this manual from?  All I see on the forum is everybody saying about how much they learned from it but don't see a link or anything. Can you please clue me in on this? Thanks