CRD

MANUAL FOR NEW BIE - HOW TO START FROM NOTHING TO YOUR FIRST CUT!

Hi all,

After struckling as new bie in the cutter World and learning every day, I am still a new bie, but see questions raised by other new bies frequently where people kindly take a long time to answer them again fully.

I thought by myself what is missing in this cutter World causing this?

The answer is simple, a full

• Like 3

That's always appreciated Paco, thanks for the contribution.  :thumbsup:;D

Version 3 is online with a picture of the control panel of the plotter.

I have choosen for SBE in this manual as it is free, easy to use and understand and many forum members have been nursed with it.

I see many people just want to start a business and just buy a plotter without even having any knowledge of what is going on. They have a PC and some pictures which they like to cut.

Their first questions then reaches this forum or the plotter goes into a closet to collect dust.

I never bought a tractor so do not now if there comes a drive manual with it :thumbsup:

After this manual the real world of cutting is open, as then there is so much more to learn.

Let me know what you guys think of the manual.

Paco

i think the manual is a great idea! I will definately need one!!!

I am one of those people who bought a cutter without knowing what i was doing.

However i did a lot of reading from the other people in my industry who make it sound

a lot easier than what it truly is. So i jumped faster than maybe i should have, but with

good intent and goals! As everything, it's a learning curve. i will get it, i just need a little bit

of help! Trust me, i didnt get a manual with my son... but i'm not doing too bad. Not a pro yet,

but much more to learn!

thanks to everyone for your help!

• Like 1

No Problem to be a new bee, but a seller should put a manual with it.

For children there are no sellers :thumbsup:.

My wife and I have no children but I can write you a manual too :thumbsup:.

Use the manual for what you need to know, maybe just a little for some a little more and for some the way to...........

Regards, paco

Version V 4.1 is online.

Addedsome more usefull things and index.

Paco

newest newbie,

I just purchase my pcut and have the most basic of questions...how do I get the knife and/or pen in the plotter?  I know it must be simple, but this is my first plotter and have been know to break things accidentally.

Thanks,

Damian

;D

I have ammended the tutorial with pictures taken from the newly released LASER POINT manual about how to place a knife in the knife holder.

I also added the link to the original laser point manual.

We are now on Version 4.2  ;D but wil be avalaible this evening as downlaod link from my own server.

Paco

I dont see any links. If you need to you can email it to me and I can upload it to my server in no time.

I really would like to see this as I am new to this yet but could use all the pointer I can get.  :thumbsup:

I added in the first response the link to the now Version 4_2.pdf manual.

Paco

Paco, I have a question I didn't see an answer for in the manual, which was a great job by the way!  Thanks!

When I ordered my MH-721, I got the SBE software on a disc.  When I was loading the software, it asks me to start setting up the plotter connections.  Can this be bypassed when installing the software?

Also, the software stated that it can only be set up on one machine, then it is useless and cannot be loaded onto another computer at any time.

Thanks

I dont see any links. If you need to you can email it to me and I can upload it to my server in no time.

I really would like to see this as I am new to this yet but could use all the pointer I can get.  :police:

Paco, please excuse me for hi-jacking your post, but this guy's got a Hilarious avatar graphic!

Z

Z, No problem.

For the SBE cd rom.

Just leave it where it is and use the UScutter Free download Trail and get started as stated in the manual.

I have no idea about the difference between them.

Paco

I really would like to see this as I am new to this yet but could use all the pointer I can get.  :police:

Paco, please excuse me for hi-jacking your post, but this guy's got a Hilarious avatar graphic!

Z

Thank you. ;D lol

Version 4.3 is ready.

I added a tip/part for those suffering with USB problems in chapter 6.

Thanks for vinyl dragon to provide it.

Paco

Works again.

Sorry for inconvenience,

paco

Version 4.5 is online.

More about the RED kill switches.

FAQ at the end of the manual

USB port setting in SBE.

Have fun with it.

Paco

hi

thanks for ur instructions

i have got few things not to understand.

all u mean in blade depth is like the photo i attached?

or is there another setting i need to do?

and

when you place blade carriage into carriage arm, how much gap do i leave between blade and bottom?

blade need to touch the bottom or slightly up from the bottom ? ( vinyl thickness)

thanks  

post-6455-1298654647311_thumb.jpg

post-6455-1298654648992_thumb.jpg

hi

thanks for ur instructions

i have got few things not to understand.

all u mean in blade depth is like the photo i attached?

or is there another setting i need to do?

and

when you place blade carriage into carriage arm, how much gap do i leave between blade and bottom?

blade need to touch the bottom or slightly up from the bottom ? ( vinyl thickness)

thanks  

blade and bottom of what?,  you put the blade holder in it's hole on the carriage arm.  and tighten it down, that is it..  you do not adjust the bladeholder.

The blade holder has a ring around the middle.

Slide the blade holder into thecarriage arm until it hits the ring and thighten the screw to hold it.

The knife sticking put the blade holder is correct for half credit card thickness.

Paco