Sign in to follow this  
sjaguar13

PCUT 1200 Not Working Very Well

I just got mine, and I have no idea what I am doing. After playing around with in test mode, I end up with the following general questions:

For X-Scale and Y-Scale, is it in millimeters?

If you were cutting vinyl smaller than the maximum, do you align the vinyl right up to the edge of the cutter or leave a space since it can't cut all the way to the edge?

If it says "waiting" or if it hits a red button on either side, what do I do? I end up turning it off and then back on.

In the test mode, the blade scratched the vinyl, but didn't actually cut it. The only way I see how to move the blade is to put in the holder, pick it up or push it down, and then tighten it. The directions have me turning some blade adjustment wheel, but the picture doesn't really look like mine. Is this how you adjust the blade to make it cut the vinyl?

I didn't install SignBlazer06 yet because the computer I am using isn't the one that will run the cutter. I downloaded the demo, but it says SignBlazer HotShot. It didn't do anything. I then downloaded WinPCSign. I drew a rectangle and tried to cut it. The blade moved, so I put in some vinyl and typed something (the text changes to "demo" since I don't have the full version), but now it says it cannot find the cutter. I didn't change the baud rate or anything.

Welcome to our forums!!

I am not sure how to troubleshoot WinPCSign, do not even have a copy. When will you have the other computer and be ready to load the software that came with the cutter? I would like to walk you through setup if needed, to make sure everything is cutting as it should. Let me know.

I have the computer ready that will be the dedicated cutting computer. It would probably be best if you walked me through this because I have no idea what I am doing and the demo versions of the software didn't do anything.

You can phone me for assistance then: 425-284-2282 or 866-789-2919  If I do not answer, I am just on the other line.