Sign in to follow this  
Black Market Designs

EMERGENCY! Plotter not cutting properly! Overlap along the Y axis!

I'm in a major bind.  I have customers waiting on graphics and I have already ruined 10 feet of vinyl!

I own a Pcut CTN-900 and what is happening is on some of the cut lines are overlapping when they shouldn't.  It is as though the plotter is moving too much (or little) in the forward/reverse (y-axis) direction.  Similar to a printer not being aligned properly.  This has occurred with multiple graphics.  Can anyone help?  Is it a driver issue?  Flexi issue?  Hopefully this is descriptive enough...

Thanks!

Which operation system?

Which cable connection?

For the uninstall.

If you put a plot pen in and print on the back of the vinyl you can troubleshoot first without ruin vinyl.

Have you changed the X/y setting of the machine?

Or is just the design that has problems.

If you just cut a simpel square it this OK?

Go back to the simpel basics and enhace till it goes wrong.

Paco

Win XP

USB that came with the plotter

I reset the plotter to it's default setting for everything, but readjusted the pressure and speed settings to suit my needs.  2 different files had problems.  It seems as though the longer the plot the worse it gets.  I did cut a 54" banner design that was just simple letters last night and it was flawless.  It might be a high detail issue.  I didn't know about the pen trick.  I will try that next time.

before u start doing anything major just check the feed rollers havent come lose with it being on the forwards and backwards

Make sure the unit is not pulling from a tight roll of vinyl. It is a common practice to loosen enough material off of the roll for the particular job you are cutting.