Sign in to follow this  
aries58

Newbie needs some coaching..

Ok I got this pizza place job for 2 windows.one big window and one door.This is just name,pizzas sub,phone numer on window with a piece pizza.door names pizzas subs hours.I want to know what sizes would these be?what size font?Price range..any help appreciated...

You have to measure the windows and see what size would look the best, by that i mean if you were driving down the street is it readable? also does the customer want the entire view obstructed? There are many things to consider, I would talk with them and try to get a feel for what they are looking for on this project. In the last 5 years in the sign business i have done many window/store fronts and everybody is different. As far as pricing the job, I always charge extra if i am doing the art work, if it is customer supplied time to vectorize it. Add in supplies with a markup some say 60% plus hourly for the install plus any misc supplies you might need for this project. I hope this answered your question, if not let me know and I'll try and break it down.

New Moon Graphics

You have to measure the windows and see what size would look the best, by that i mean if you were driving down the street is it readable? also does the customer want the entire view obstructed? There are many things to consider, I would talk with them and try to get a feel for what they are looking for on this project. In the last 5 years in the sign business i have done many window/store fronts and everybody is different. As far as pricing the job, I always charge extra if i am doing the art work, if it is customer supplied time to vectorize it. Add in supplies with a markup some say 60% plus hourly for the install plus any misc supplies you might need for this project. I hope this answered your question, if not let me know and I'll try and break it down.

New Moon Graphics

Thanks

No problem. If I can be of help to anyone with what little knowledge i have, let me know.

New Moon Graphics

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE IS SOME TYPE OF PRICING BOOK ON THE MARKET FOR SIGN MAKERS? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THIS ?