mighty_mace

My copam is not measuring heat transfer material properly....

When I hit the "measure" and "scroll" options it only measures the width of the roll.  Is this because the bottom side of the material is black? 

not sure if this is what you are asking... There are settings that let you measure the length of the roll also . I never use that as it is a pain & not needed unless you are ding something long . I have my Co-Pam set just to measure width .  :P

Yea, i think that is the "scroll" vs "sheet" option.  When it measures the width it doesn't find the front edge of it, if you know what I mean.  Like it just measures width and then doesn't go back to the starting position.  However I position the transfer material in the machine is how it stays.    If I use regular vinyl, it worked fine.

I understand . From my memory ( uh-oh  :P ) when i have had that happen ( with regular vinyl ) the vinyl was curled & not laying flat enough for the eye to detect it seemed . try flattening it out &/or adding a strip of electrical tape to the front edge of the vinyl . ( the recessed hole of the eye is clean ? )

:P

Sounds like the photocell is not covered by the material?  Is it curled up some in the front letting light hit the eye?

I had a roll that had a slight curl the opposite way from how it runs on the roll and I had to lightly hold down the material with my fingers to get it to run back for the length measurement.  Also I took my cutter onsite (outside in very bright sun) and had to shade the cutter to get it to measure.

If your cutter is in a very bright room try blocking the light directly hitting the photoeye area while it measures the material.*

May help - I may be offbase completely.  Hope it helps though.

-Mike

Hey Mike ,

It is all multiple guess until something works ?  :P ( that was your multiple guess comment in another thread :thumbsup:  :P )

Yep - if I think it may help I don't mind making a stupid (or brilliant) observation - (depends on if it was right or not) hehehe.

-Mike

I have this problem with EasyWeed black, have determined as you suspected the light is not reflecting back. Solution was to wrap a white self adhesive address label or tape around the edge near the photo sensor.

yep that was the problem....it was only with the black.  I only have black and white heat transfer right now but the white measured perfectly.   After I put a piece of masking tape on the bottom in line with the eye it measured properly. 

Thanks for the help, off to add some vinyl to my mx jersey haha.

jersey.gif