Guest round2racing

My old employer had a service online that we used.

They were really secure and we never had a problem.

But, I can't remember who it was.

Search on Google, maybe you find something.

Its not the machine it's the service charge. The cheapest I could find was $29 a month PLUS a fee for every transaction.

I just use paypal.

paypal or google. Paypal is $30 month for a merchant account or no monthly fee for their request and send service. Sam's club is free if you are a premium member but the machine is a few hundred.

All services will charge a fee per transaction.

one more thing I use my Iphone for  :o

Exactly. Take CC's, ship packages, and track packages right from my iPhone.

--Cory

Not tried these app's yet. They work well i assume?

I know its another "app" for the iphone but what is the charge for the app and any other associated fees it? I always look with envy when I see the commercial.

I think its a 25.00 per month fee for processing and the app is 50.00 (one time) but if you jailbreak your phone you can get the app for free! The company that sets you up is very nice and helpful.

As for Merchant Accounts... I haven't found anything cheaper than QuickBooks (Monthly and Transaction fess). They own Innovative Merchant services. Awesome customer service and the cheapest around!

My $.02

You can do it online with a virtual terminal or you can do it over the phone.  You can ask your bank, but if you already do alot business online I would suggest PayPal.

Check-out propay.com.  Very nominal start up fee and a pay as you use service. Never had any problems over several years.

i have really been considering quickbooks, they have a free 60 day trial with all fees waived i think, and they r 12.95 a month after that, paypay is much higher than they r.

I'm a SalesVu app user, and i'm sooo glad. Works perfect for my small business since i can accept cash, cards and checks and store all the transactions info in the same device. Plus, my products and price lists are saved there too and whenever i need i modify'em on the go. Also, i gave an iphone to my employees and they do the same from their cells, automatically their data come to my phone and i control everything from there wherever i'm. It's free and has the lowest fee in the market (2.7%), check it out in www.salesvu.com

Wow, way to dig up a way old thread lol... from 2009!

FWIW- for newbies looking.

I use square on my HTC Android phone... www.squareup.com It works great and fees compared to paypal are less. The reader is free and there is no monthly fee.