Sign in to follow this  
Mardigan

cutting deep in the middle and light on the sides....

I have an 07 36" PCUT, when I cut with it , at each end of the machine it cuts VERY lightly/doesn't cut thru the vinyl. In the middle of the machine it cuts deep ,thru the paper in spots.

We have adjusted the depth of the blade , replaced the blade.....still has an issue....

This machine seems to be nothing but a problem everytime I use it...did I get a bad one?

Anyone have any help or info on this.....makeing this machine run is like work.....

Thanks

Mardigan

modified:

I have nticed the white strip has a bow in it on the left side of the machine, I cannot get it to lay flat any suggestions???    it doesn't want to click in ,in that spot we also tried flippping it over and it is the same spot in the strip......HELP!!!!  WHO DO I CALL?:)?

The bow in the cutting strip would certainly cause this issue. Have you tried using some clear tape to try and get it to stick down? I have also heard of customer using a small piece of vinyl to secure the strip. Keep me posted.

I agree with Ken. If you use tape be sure to tape the entire length of the cutting strip or you will be back where you started,a high spot where the tape is. Personally, when I install a new cutting strip, I cut a long piece of clear vinyl and cover the entire cutting strip.A high spot or low spot,even so small you can't see it, will cause uneven cutting.