Sign in to follow this  
Dunns

Row of Black blocks are displayed in LCD window.

Hi everyone I am having a problem where black blocks are displayed in the LCD window of my PCUT vinyl cutter. I just set it up today and everything was going fine. I went to do the test cut of squares by turning it offline then hitting pause twice and it went to cut great. But I had the vinyl on the left side of the machine since the numbers start on the left. So I moved the cutter over to the left with the arrows. Then hit the origin setting button. The LCD then said waiting and after 5-10 minutes of it saying waiting. I shut the machine off with the power button. When I turned it back on it has a row of black blocks and will not respond.

Any ideas greatly appreicated.

Welcome to our forums!

You get the black boxes when the carriage is pressing one of the two red buttons ont he cutter. This way the cutter knows the carriage has reached the side, and locks the cutter up so your carrige does not try and continue on past the side, causing a loud grind. To move off of the red buttons, just turn the cutter off and move it by hand.

Thank you Kenimes I am sorry I just sent you an e-mail about this same item under my registered e-mial thanks for the help.

these forms are great, I just had this same issue and knew I would find the answer. 

thanks Ken!!!  ;)