Sign in to follow this  
Guest YHC

Shipping policy

Guest YHC

Just because I might have to end up sending my unit back it made me thank of this.  :thumbsup:

I feel that if a product is shipped to a customer and the customer has already paid for shipping to get the product to their home/business, they shouldn't have to pay for the return of a DOA or defective unit. Most companies would rather take the bite and make sure that customer or taken care of for their troubles so that they can still be a happy customer which in return will help the companies word of mouth advertising. Because, if I have to send my unit back and have to pay for the shipping exchange I have then put out more money then was planned if I would have received a working unit in the first place.

Now, I don't feel that a company shouldn't have to pay for shipping if the product is out of warranty or after a tech has troubleshooted the issue and deems it to be user abuse.

Just my feeling on doing better business and making the customers feel like you care for their satisfaction in your products. :thumbsup:

I feel the same way but everyone does it. Look at the warranty for your TV or any electronic device you have. They all require that you pay return shipping. It is the way of things. I have never had to return something that I didn't have to pay shipping for it.

Best advice to you is see if you can get Ken to troubleshoot it for you and just have them send a new part if one is required. That way you just have to pay to ship the defective part back.

Guest YHC

I feel the same way but everyone does it. Look at the warranty for your TV or any electronic device you have. They all require that you pay return shipping. It is the way of things. I have never had to return something that I didn't have to pay shipping for it.

Best advice to you is see if you can get Ken to troubleshoot it for you and just have them send a new part if one is required. That way you just have to pay to ship the defective part back.

I haven't bought many electronics on the net so I was going off of my experience of dealing with Dell. I bought a desktop off of their site and after getting it the motherboard was bad. Could have happened in the shipping as I have seen how things get thrown around like nothing is breakable in most carriers eyes :thumbsup:. But, anyhow I know they are a much bigger company then US Cutter so they may be able to afford or have special arrangements with the shipping companies.

But, they paid for the return and shipping of my new desktop no questions asked. Even though I had to wait a little longer I was still a happy customer do to I didn't have to put out more money then I wanted to for something that wasn't my fault. Again if the customer is at fault or isn't under warranty then that customer should have to pay.

I work for a great company that has grown its customer base not on its products and pricing but, on its customer service. People want to have that security that when they buy something, they are going to be taken care of after words. I would rather spend a little more for great customer service then to fell like I'm stuck with a product that I can't use.

US Cutter is selling a product that yeah allot may be using as a hobby but, could also be their bread and butter to get the bills paid. You have to take care of the customers first and the rest will follow that will keep you on top of the competitors.

Man you can tell I'm board :rolleyes: I feel like I am a CEO or something talking like this :thumbsup:

Dell has come down...when my nephew bought a Dell a few years back, it had no sound. Dell had a guy AT HIS HOUSE the next day,and installed a new motherboard.

Curious,did you pay cash for that Dell or finance it?

Guest YHC

Dell has come down...when my nephew bought a Dell a few years back, it had no sound. Dell had a guy AT HIS HOUSE the next day,and installed a new motherboard.

Curious,did you pay cash for that Dell or finance it?

I paid for it up front. Yah, they was going to have a guy come look at it but, then they decided to just replace the unit. So they sent the new unit to me with a return label and had me ship the bad one back in the box that the new one came in.

very trusting on their part, I must say.

But to the OP... I agree that you shouldn't have to pay return shipping but that is the way of things and the warranty on the website says:

"Warranty repairs will require buyer to pay for shipping both ways."

so you bite the bullet.

I don't think the profit margin is high enough on the cutters to afford for them to pay. Unlike Dell, they don't sell millions of cutters every year.