Scuba Marcos

when importing .jpg to SignBlazer I get .."contains bitmap..." and won't cut.

I have the PCut CT630 and I'm trying to import a dive flag so I can cut it. 

Every time it signBlazer tells me it "This drawing contains a bitmap. Only other object will be cut"  I've tried saving my dive flag in several different formats..jif, .tif,  .bmp.

How do I make my drawings not contain a bitmap?

marcos@scubamarcos.com

signblazer won't cut a bitmap or any other image. It has to be vectorized first. You can do this in signblazer.

Import your image. Click on Vectorize.It will tell you that it needs to be monocrome,so change it to monochrome. Then vectorize. There are better instructions on how to do this in the Signblazer section of the forum.

I never known such a crap program as signblazer, its like out of date software with lots of bugs and no help files, you cant even import an image with this, even if you use a converter to convert to eps, I wasted so much time on this trying to get it to work and time is money

But yet many, many people have no problem with it and continue to use it.   Yes, it is outdated.  The owner passed away years back, and correct it has not been updated for several years..  It is  abandonware.  FREE. unlimited trial    You need to use version 8 .ai or .eps files.   And you can still find a user manual for it.  And ALL of this info has been posted hundreds of times on this forum.  It is still an option for people who don't want to spend several hundred $$$ on  design and cutting software.to get them started. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dakes2 said:

I never known such a crap program as signblazer, its like out of date software with lots of bugs and no help files, you cant even import an image with this, even if you use a converter to convert to eps, I wasted so much time on this trying to get it to work and time is money

It's FREE and was created many years ago...it was and is a great little program.

Kudos to Jerry that it still works with the newer PC software.

If you want some more "up-to-date" design software... buy it.

Just my 2 cents.

Sue2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seems you didn't like my post, yes I do have all the best design software available and I did buy it, I was just commenting on my  evaluation of signblazer my dear 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Dakes2 said:

Seems you didn't like my post, yes I do have all the best design software available and I did buy it, I was just commenting on my  evaluation of signblazer my dear 

You may have the best, BUT from what I have seen in your posts,  you don't know how to use them.. You don't even know a vector from a jpeg.  You run an image thru VECTOR Magic and you don't know whether it is traced or not?  Go learn the basics first before you complain.   My 2c

"Not sure if it was traced, I just copied and pasted it into vector magic then just hit the fully automatic button, I always seems to have problems with letter being out of shape, everything else I do is ok"

• Like 5

Yes that's true my friend, I'm not complaining am I , I'm just making comments my friend, am I doing something wrong here, it seems like your upset with me, but its true, signblazer is NOT an easy software to import files, just take a look on google and see how many hundreds of people are having the same problem with this

Nothing wrong with sign blazer.  I have used it since I started.  Free, easy to learn/use (does have some limitations) and never fails me.  In fact, I still use it today as my cutting program!  I have other programs but still use sign blazer.  I am trying to ween off of it but sometimes old habits are hard to break.  Good luck with you current issue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Everybody remember that time, once upon a time, when you got that idea, to start making signs or shirts or graphics of some sort?  Then you bought a bunch of the wrong equipment, spend months reading and researching.  Failed.  Slow dawning of being over your head. Finally, you got into an established shop and dried some of the wet behind your ears?

Ahh nostalgia.....

• Like 2

Jerry passed about 8 years ago - it is amazing signblazer still operates that many years later with several os updates - if Jerry had been able to continue development imagine how that would look today
Taking time to learn how to work with vector graphics, creating them from scratch and not relying on tracing programs will give you much cleaner images to cut - as far as having the best software if you paid $3K for flexi to use on a liyu cutter  . . . .I'll drop it there..

Just an observation the guy or gal from the UK seems to be stirring the pot with some inflammatory wording .  if someone doesn't like the help of the people on the forum just choose not to help them learn.    I believe the situation is caused by the NEWBIE not taking the time to understand and learn how vector software works causing frustration and trying to take the shortcut of tracing images and using "use a converter to convert to eps"  - treating vectors images like you are working with raster images will continue to frustrate you

disclaimer
I do not work for USC and offer to help moderate on my own time - my comments are my own and not necessarily shared by the company that maintains the forum

• Like 2

Ha ha! dc you crack me up! 

Dakes2 Just curious why you are even trying to use the signblazer program anyway? There is a strong following as you have noticed from the blowback of your remarks. I never cared for it myself but as mentioned its a viable option for those looking for a cost free cutting solution. Personally I use AI to design and SignCut as my cutting utility. 

• Like 1

"troll" comes to mind! The thread he replied to was 10 years old...

And I use SB and like it very much! Beats the heck out of that $50 'upgrade' software I bought that USC sold for a while...

On 8/25/2017 at 6:52 AM, Dakes2 said:

Meh.

Jerry Bonham realized that most beginners simply want to be able to just type some words/text and then send it to their budget cutter. Which it does just fine, no pain, no strain. He also included some very useful features, such as the wide-ranging Graphics library (Draw menu) and a fairly decent vector engine.

For anyone who wants to check it out, here's the link to the full instruction/tutorial manual. Be aware that HotShot/Pro is not the release which is currently available for download (SB ELEMENTS UK Hybrid v7.0.0) and many of the features described in the manual are 'greyed out' in the SB Elements version --- especially RIP and other advanced tools.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_manual.pdf

I introduced a 12-year old to SignBlazer last week, and she was able to design, cut, weed, tape and apply, all within 5 minutes. (She wanted a Unicorn decal).

If that's a crap program, then I don't know what the word 'crap' means in YOUR universe.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I LOVE SIGN BLAZER....
I started a business from nothing and learned to use SB with no instructions. I am now in my 7th year of business and we average 250K in sales a year. 
We still use SB for nearly every design task. 

My need.
Long story... my SBNT file that has run for years would not open this morning. I look at the file and it is listed as ZERO bites in the file. Nothing there...
All the support files are there but the .exe fils is empty.

I want to download a new version, potentially one with out the "Greyed Out" features and of course one with out the damn trial notice.
Can any of you help me?

Many Thanks,
HAND MADE

Greyed out options you're out of luck but there is a "hacked" version that removes the nag screen. Take a look in the section of the forums call SignBlazer and you'll find all the info you need.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:01 PM, slice&dice said:

Meh.

Jerry Bonham realized that most beginners simply want to be able to just type some words/text and then send it to their budget cutter. Which it does just fine, no pain, no strain. He also included some very useful features, such as the wide-ranging Graphics library (Draw menu) and a fairly decent vector engine.

For anyone who wants to check it out, here's the link to the full instruction/tutorial manual. Be aware that HotShot/Pro is not the release which is currently available for download (SB ELEMENTS UK Hybrid v7.0.0) and many of the features described in the manual are 'greyed out' in the SB Elements version --- especially RIP and other advanced tools.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_manual.pdf

I introduced a 12-year old to SignBlazer last week, and she was able to design, cut, weed, tape and apply, all within 5 minutes. (She wanted a Unicorn decal).

If that's a crap program, then I don't know what the word 'crap' means in YOUR universe.

Well that's interesting, most young people are brought up and taught I.T.  these days as a first subject so its natural to them, me, I'm 65 years old, but have still managed to learn so much in a very short space of time.

On 8/30/2017 at 3:45 PM, HAND Made said:

I LOVE SIGN BLAZER....
I started a business from nothing and learned to use SB with no instructions. I am now in my 7th year of business and we average 250K in sales a year. 
We still use SB for nearly every design task. 

My need.
Long story... my SBNT file that has run for years would not open this morning. I look at the file and it is listed as ZERO bites in the file. Nothing there...
All the support files are there but the .exe fils is empty.

I want to download a new version, potentially one with out the "Greyed Out" features and of course one with out the damn trial notice.
Can any of you help me?

Many Thanks,
HAND MADE

This is the v7.0.0 (hybrid) download --- 

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

As for the 'greyed out' items, there was a version called HotShot which contains those features. Unfortunately, HotShot required a hasp (hardware key) to function.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/30290-signblazer-hotshot-do-you-want-it/&page=2

On 9/3/2017 at 5:12 AM, Dakes2 said:

Well that's interesting, most young people are brought up and taught I.T.  these days as a first subject so its natural to them, me, I'm 65 years old, but have still managed to learn so much in a very short space of time.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:30 AM, slice&dice said:

This is the v7.0.0 (hybrid) download --- 

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

As for the 'greyed out' items, there was a version called HotShot which contains those features. Unfortunately, HotShot required a hasp (hardware key) to function.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/30290-signblazer-hotshot-do-you-want-it/&page=2

I am older then you and had no problem with SB easy as pie