Sign in to follow this  
designed

business practices

I have submitted tickets in the past that never get answered I have had a shipping question in the past on some vinyl never answered so I started buying at signwarehouse.com and have purchased about 1,000 worth of vinyl in the last 2 months there because I could not get help submitting a ticket.  Also signwarehouse.com is quite a bit lower than uscutter now on their 24x50yrs rolls and when I ask they match shipping.  Maybe uscutter will lower their prices but I would have get questions answered?  I have called in the past to get a tracking number because my customer needed it fast and I am talked to meanly he says the tracking number real fast and then when I ask him to repeat it he gets angry and yet their system never sends me a tracking number I cannot buy here because of this.  Most of the time I need stuff fast and it seems most stuff is dropped shipped which takes a long time to get it like 2weeks. I wished that I could have gotten response from them in fact I get none so what is one to do but buy else where.  In the market for a new cutter but I will probably not get a question answered if I was to ask something.

The point of these forums is to provide answers. If US Cutter had to pay someone to just answer  simple questions they wouldn't be able to sell cutters as low as they do.

Learn to use the search feature.

Have you ever heard of a comma? Sentence structure? Syntax?

If you are going to post rants against US Cutter everywhere you can on these forums, you won't be around long.

ooo ok well now that you spoke for them we know nothing will change... OK WELL SAID ya right.  I get things cheaper over there ok your right no change here you spoke for them and now everyone can see that there is no hope for change here.

Firstly, the forum moderators here(Fivestar, BannerJohn, and I) are not employees of USC. We get no pay, no kickbacks, or no freebies for the time we spend on this message board.

I speak from my experience as a consumer, and a very small business owner, not for USC. The way I see it, a company wants to provide a product or products to as many customers as they possoble can at the best price without lossing money, and as fast and convenient for the customer. With that said... it ALWAYS goes back to the old saying "You can't please everyone".

In your cause... this would include you. There are hundreds, if not thousands of people who purchase products from USC without any issues and are happy with the product they recieved, at the price they bought it, and within the time they got it(myself included).

Again, my opinion... bottom line is, you gave USC a try, and didn't have a great experience. Maybe it was a one time mishap, maybe you should give them a second chance, and maybe you should just purchase your products from another vendors? If you can get a better price somewhere else, go deal with them... versus trying to bash a company because they are not at the same price.

Either way... everyone has a bad day from time to time, your not so great one time experience doesn't give you the right to question USC and it's operations!

I thought forums where for learning? 

you are right. Not for bitching or running down the owners of the forums which is what you were doing. About right for an 8 year old.

I'm obviously not a mod or work for USC.

I believe whoever 'snapped' at you for asking for a tracking number was not the proper thing to do.  But USC does have great support on the forum and every time I've called (which hasn't been that often)

since I've had no problems that the people on the forum couldn't help me with. But every call has been good.

Patience is key............in just about every aspect of life.

Benr98, your right thank you well said.  I cannot do internet orders anymore though and I am not here during the day to make phone orders.  Reason is sometimes I have a customer that needs something and a color I don't have and I have ordered this from USC because they and myself is on the west coast and I can get it fast in fact faster than from signwarehouse because they are in texas and it takes 5 days from them and about 3 days from usc; but two out of my last two orders where drop shipped and I don't get it any sooner than 10 days later so their stock is low always.  I need things from signwarehouse usc don't carry so I find myself paying for shipping two times? No I have to order from SW.  I opened a ticket over a week ago here at uscutter about my copam I have not heard from them yet and I will not 99.9% sure.  So I wanted to buy a 48" copam but and envestigating other things still because I cannot get my ticket answered for one.  This person was angry when I called more than once so I don't like to call them unless I absolutely have to.  I think I have learned that I want to buy a cutter that I can buy parts for in more than one place.  That leads me to say what about the copam I take it we can only get parts from usc huh?  See there I go again they have driven me away so unless I really need to I don't bother.  But I like you saying well put.

Guest fivestar

I just wondering if 2 gig is not enough RAM why you don't install more?  It's like $25.00-$30.00 for 2 more gig  :o  BTW, why isn't 2 gig enough you running Vista?

Fivestar, I am using the new DDR3 1600 by G.Skill right now their price is 89.00 I would need to match it.  I am using windows XP and xp only can see 3gigs.  I am waiting for windows 7 to come to the market by then the price will be lower and I would get it then.  I think once the price comes down a bit more I will get it and have 4gigs but xp will only see the 3gigs but that is ok until windows 7 comes out.  I notice it from time to time a lack of memory.  4gigs should be minimum now.

Guest fivestar

4 gig on Window 7 will be approx. the same as 3 gig on XP, Windows 7 will still be a somewhat resource hog but nothing like Vista.  I haven't looked into your mobo but does it truely support 4 gig on a 32 bit system or does it take ram for system overhead?  If so the Windows 7 32 bit won't full support 4 gig anyways.  BTW, Window 7 is pretty sweet, I'm running it on my HTPC.

The only reason I will change to windows 7 is because of the 64 bit.  My name board specs are here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131300 not sure.  I have windows 7 also on another computer.  My windows xp runs faster than the 64bit windows 7 but with programs running 64 bit like my corel etc I think it should be able to take an advantage.

Guest fivestar

Just out of curiosity, why would you spend that much $$$$$ on a rig like you have and want to pinch pennies on a cutter?  I mean according to your signature you have 2 cutters now so I "ass-u-me" you're making some decent $$$$ if you're wanting a 48" cutter.

If you have that kind of coin to throw around on a computer then why not invest in a GraphTec or Roland cutter?  It's not my business but if you're giving 239.99 for a mobo alone then I'd think you would focus on putting more $$$$$ into your business you're developing.  FYI if you do decide to go the GraphTec way, their software does not as of now support 64 bit OS, they "claim" they will in the summer of '09, we'll see.

I wish it was 239.99 when I bought it around 350.00.  I may decide to buy a roland or graphtec in the near future like a year to three yrs from now but for right now I don't want to spend that much right now I am saving for my silverado duramax.  I stay very busy doing this but I do this after work and on the weekends I will never make what I make as a union electrician I do this for a bit more money.  If I where to buy a graphtec or roland I would do it in a 24" and a lesser one for the 48".  So what I don't want to spend to much for the 48" because I don't use it to much I would invest in the better for the 24" because that is what I use everyday.  I will sell the copam and laserpoint at that time which I do plan on doing.  I will keep on doing this even down the road when I retire for a few extra dollars.  So I don't want to spend over 1300.00 for the 48" I would like to spend less just depends.  What ever I spend it will pay for its self pretty fast thanks for the heads up on the 64bit it don't support yet I read that about 2 months ago.  Anyway I plan on buying a graphtec or a roland in the near future.

Yea, GraphTec web site says it will be supported by this summer....