Sign in to follow this  

Equipment-MH365, CTN630, SignBlazer (registered version) WinPC Pro, Flexi 8.5 starter

When the 365 went down last week I figured I would hook up the CTN630.  Bought this unit last year to get a good deal on Flexi software but never used it.  All sorts of problems with Flexi, took over 3 weeks and several hours doing downloads and revising passwords, etc.  Finally got it so it would work but was already frustrated with SAI so I never even tried to use software.  Anyway, the 630 will not cut.  SBE shows that it is transmitting to cutter but nothing happens.  Played with 365 and got it working even better than it was.  Tried everything again today, still nothing.  Hooked up the 365 and cut like a charm.

So that tells me that the output is leaving SBE but not hooking up with the 630.  Cable has got to be good because I unplugged one and plugged into the other and it worked.  Anyone got any ideas?  checked all settings and they are the same for both, driver is listed as CTE630HPGL, we know the cable is good.  Need help.  Thanks in advance

Over 48 hours and nobody has even ventured a guess as what might be wrong.  I must be the only one with a 630, except for ajj, post above mine, who hasn't received a reply either.

Anyway I got bored waiting so I took it apart.  On the motherboard is a 4 pin male plug, labeled J11 that has nothing in it.  No jumpers.  On every computer or printer I have taken apart there was some sort of jumper that could be arranged in different configuratios to make the device do different things.  With this being on the bottom of the unit I think it might be possible that the jumper vibrated out in transit and got lost.  On a couple of other threads I read where the customer was asked to check and see if the chip had vibrated out.  Is there a unit in US Cutters warehouse that we could look and compare or can we get a wiring diagram?  Looking to make this thing work.

Make sure your baud rates match before you get too carried away.

Thanks to Brandon at USC I got the 630 working.  Apparently the serial port is bad on the cutter but we were able to get it going using the USB port.  Put in a ticket yesterday morning and had it working last night.  Great customer service.  Oh yeah he was very patient with some of my stupid questions and lack of computer knowledge.  :thumbsup::) :)