Sign in to follow this  
jenn

cannot open the output device - HELP

having problems with my cutter.  it stopped working and i need some help....

i went to cut the other day and i get the error message "cannot open the output device.  Error in initializing cutter"

I've made sure all my connections are good, i've changed all the options in the set up trying different LPT and Com settings...is there something else i should be doing?

What type of connection are you using? What software and if you are using a USB cable have you updated the driers for it?

i'm using signblazer...and using USB...how do you update the drivers??  sorry.....

I tried, but i'm still getting the error message...any other suggestions...? I'm still not getting any Ports

i just switched it to Com 3 on the cutter settings, i didn't get the message, it looked like it cut on the screen, but nothing happened with the cutter itself?

Well, instead of picking each and every COM and LPT port in SignBlazer, the easiest thing to do is verify exactly which COM port # Windows has assigned to your USB connection, and this can be done in the Ports category of your Device Manager. Whatcha got listed in there?