edge

Eliminating overlapping cut lines in fonts

I use Corel X3 to build projects. With some fonts such as Magneto or Metal Lord   I end up with overlapping cut lines between characters. I've tried simplifying and converting to curves with no results. I figure I must be missing something obvious. How would I eliminate the overcut between the e and s in attached example?

While this was built in Corel I saved it in AI format, before writing this I tested my save by importing it back into my already opened Corel project. When I sent it to SignCut, the cut lines for the AI portion did not appear as strong as the Corel lines from an identical example in the Corel, why was that?

MetalLord.ai

MetalLord.ai

I think it has something to do with welding, not sure how to do it though........

type text

right click and convert to curves

right click again and break curve apart

everything turn black...

select the items you want to "weld"

choose "quick weld" option on the tool bar.

if you do not have the "quick weld" option on the tool bar then you will have to fish around a bit to find the option.

also, if your text includes an AQRDBOP (basically any letter with an oval in it) you will have to remove these "interior oval" prior to "welding" if you do not you will also eliminate those line too.

i recommend setting the view to "wire frame" this way one can see all the lines.

it's really simple once you run through the steps a time or two.

good luck

good luck

The welding (Arrange>Shaping>Welding) in Corel had me confused with the option of leaving original either the source object or target.  I have found I can highlight (click on) the text and then weld it to itself without selecting either source or target and obtain the results I desire. Thanks for your help.