Sign in to follow this  
Oleika

making my vectors then cutting them

I know I'm running the risk of sounding stupid but I will say it's never stopped me before. OK here is my problem... I use Sign Blazer fine and dandy to cut all the "words" I want and the small library of pics/graphics, whatever they are. Here is the actual problem... anything I import or open when I try to cut them they say something about part of it is a bitmap and it won't be cut. I don't know a lot about any of this yet but am eager to learn. I honestly have been reading the forums, trying to figure it out on my own but I just can't seem to get it.  Thanks so much for any help.

In order for SignBlazer or any cutting program to be able to cut it needs vector type graphics. Reed the Vectorizating forums and you will find information on how to turn your images int vector format.

Thank you for the response. I did finally find out to vectorize my work but when I try to cut it,  it is all cut up like a puzzle. I don't get nearly as much time as I'd like to be able to figure all this out on my own. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks so much  :o

2 things

First when you trace be sure to delete the original bitmapped image you used  and just keep the traced image.

Second look at it in wireframe view to see what lines make up the image - that's what the cutter will use to make the cut.

Just select your image and click on View then Outline/Wireframe.

Learning new things is no problem at all for me.  Remembering what I learned the next time I need it.  That's where the trouble comes in!

-Mike