Sign in to follow this  
cbs1963

Most Profitable?

What do you think is the easiest and most profitable use for a cutter?  They do all kinds of things, what makes the most sense starting out?

Wall words......easy design (you can get away with it just being text most of the time), draw a good profit and people still think you are cheap.  Also the vinyl is cheap too.

Target Businesses. That's where the profit and big bucks are. Of course, I like it all. I'd say T-shirts are the least profitable, but they're still a lot of fun.

I'm just starting to target businesses, and I like it a lot. I started doing this about 2-3 years ago, and honestly I'm glad I waited so long to target businesses. I learn something new everyday doing this stuff. Having that experience really shows in the quality of your work, and in the ease of doing it.

Guest fivestar

Yes t-shirts are the least profitable but if you get a big order and do them in plastisol there's big bucks in them with minimal work too.  I do agree that business store fronts, signs and banners is where great $$$$$ is.

I agree with these guys too, businesses are where the $$$ is.....but at least the ones I have done they have been my more challenging designs and installs.  As far as something dead simple that makes good money, I still think wall words takes the cake for me.  Banners could be even better, but I haven't invested in the materials needed to do them yet (rolls and grommets and such).

Banners, coroplast & license plates!

I agree about businesses.  We only do a handful now, but that's alright, since we to are still learning!

Agreed, five. Large quantity shirt orders can be big bucks, especially if all I'm doing is using my heat press.

Guest fivestar

Agreed, five. Large quantity shirt orders can be big bucks, especially if all I'm doing is using my heat press.

Yup I am doing a 102 shirt order right now using plastisol, press it for 8 seconds, peel the paper and move onto the next shirt.  Very good $$$$ for not doing much work.

I never did a banner for a business that they didn't come back for more signage.Love repeat customers!

Guest kenya

Business signs are the biggest money maker for me. Store fronts next.  :thumbsup:

It seems that wall vinyl is the easiest with good profit.  Then large t-shirt orders and business signs offer better profits.  I like the wall words idea.  I can do shirts.  As for business signs, I don't have much space, would making small banner's using pre-cut material and coroplast signs be a decent place to start. 

magnetic signs and vehicle lettering IMO. I make great money doing these and would do just this if i could  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: