Sign in to follow this  
Guest JogaShop

Windshield decal set up

Guest JogaShop

I am trying to cut a windshield like 5 feet wide but the vinyl bunches up when the rollers retract it i only have a 24" pcut how would i set this up for it to work should i cut the vinyl off the roll to avoid it i have no clue

Also what are the usual sizes W and L for windshield decals and also if i have say a 7 feet wide cut but it has like different words in it do i have to do word by word if so how can i keep them properly proportioned?

I'm not sure I am understanding your problem.  But if you are having trouble with the vinyl not having enough room to run back and forward freely - and it is "bunching up" - and then this causes problems .  Here is what I do.

On a cut 7 feet long, the vinyl will feed back and forth to go over the complete area of the graphic.  Before the cut is started be sure you have enough vinyl pulled off for the cut.  If the cutter hits the point where it has to pull the roll it will mess up big time.  Next you want no obstructions to block the vinyl traveling in either direction.  I have had mine mess up because I had rolled my cutter to close to a desk and the vinyl caught on an opened drawer.  In SBE cutter setup use the minimize vinyl movement setting - for best tracking.  I also lowered the cutting speed.

As to the size for windshield decals - somebiody else will have to help with that.

You can certainly cut the graphic in parts.  Get the text sized right, you can select any word or even letter by letter and send them to the cutter one at a time.  The size will be proportional.  You need some way to line them up when you apply them - I use registration marks (Reference point marks you put in each cut to match up with the adjacent cut).  For a windshield if the words are all the same color you should be able to cut it all at one time.

If I misunderstood your question let me know.

-Mike