stickygrafix

Silk screening with vinyl

For an awesome DIY press, search Youtees on youtube.  Theres a ton of videos, and you can get enough info from them to build a similar press.  This is a completely different technique than a standard rotary press.  Lee (youtees) was selling the kits at a pretty reasonable price, but he disappeared and doesnt answer emails anymore.

If anyone is interested, I can send photos of my setup for more info.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know where to get the microtuner and the spring-loaded plunger things used in the Youtees press?  Can I find these in the hardware store?  If so, what section?

Yeah I tried Beardowns method and I can only say that I am dissapointed in myself to buying #@$%$# ink, I bought speedball from Michael's. God only knows how old it is, some is an OK consistency, some is runny like water. I will NEVER buy speedball again, EVER.

The process works great for one or two shirts with my crappy ink, my ink was NOWHERE near the thick paste that beardowns was.

Beardown, where do you get that atlas ink and is it expensive?

Wayne

Yeah I tried Beardowns method and I can only say that I am dissapointed in myself to buying #@$%$# ink, I bought speedball from Michael's. God only knows how old it is, some is an OK consistency, some is runny like water. I will NEVER buy speedball again, EVER.

The process works great for one or two shirts with my crappy ink, my ink was NOWHERE near the thick paste that beardowns was.

Beardown, where do you get that atlas ink and is it expensive?

Wayne

here you go http://www.atlasscreensupply.com/

I think the best thing I did when getting started was to buy Newman retentionable frames right off . They are more expensive but give you the capability to re-mesh & retention in-house