Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

printing on vinyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guy! is there a special kind of ink that i can buy to print on vinyl.i tried the regular ink that my printer had and it printed but smeared off when i touched it.i just got a account with a small company and he needs color printed logos for his store. i would hate to let this account go. if there is any tips out there you guys may have ,that would be great .thanks

Our cutters are not vinyl printers. Not sure if loading a certain ink pen would work or not.

to print on vinyl you will need a digital printer,or at te very least a laser printer. I 've had a guy do my 2 inch labels on a laser printer. For a small job,farm it out,mark it up. I have a guy who prints digital for me $2 a square foot,I charge $3 and don't do a thing. I don't do enough digital printing to  invest the money in a  digital printer.

Most guys will contract their work like this out for large orders as Banner John said. However, I have successfully printed on white vinyl, let it sit for about 10 mins, and then covered it with clear vinyl. I offer this service, but I'm limited to an 8 1/2" by 11" surface and it costs about the same to contract it out.

i found a guy that will print the picture for $7 dolllars a square foot for the 34"x22"  that i need printed would be like $45 dollars ,i called around and thats the cheapest i found! the guy that wants me to do his signs wants me to do five printed signs @34"x22" and install them !what do you guys think i should charge him? i havent been doing this along time and i dont want to rob myself.

charge the guy double what you pay.If he balks,scratch your head,tell him if he wants all 5,you can knock 10% off for volume. Unles you are in deaparate ned of the money,no need to undercut yourself. It woud help if you got a few prices from others (regular retail) to tell him what others charge. When people call FAST SIGNS or some place and get a quote of $150 for a banner,they don't complain about my $100 charge (banners costs me about $15 to do)

I have also done the print on vinyl and cover with clear,like Stormy. Problem is,you got to have a real steady hand,easy to smear the ink when applying the clear. I don't have a steady hand any more.