Sign in to follow this  
Angelair

How long should your blades last?

I do a LOT of vinyl cutting,and I replace my blades every few months. Sometimes every month.

The best deal on blades is the US cutter store, or better yet from US cutter on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/USCutter

look under vinyl cutting supplies

I have heard some users say that they have been using the same blade for 8 months or more. It all depends on how much cutting you do.

I've had mine less than a month and haven't done a ton of cutting. Recently my cutter was making perforated cuts instead of solid cuts. I tried making several different adjustments until I finally changed the blade. Problem solved. My main concern was that I hadn't done a lot of cutting, but I already was replacing a blade. Any thoughts?

lots of reasons that can happen. Depending on what you are cutting,type of vinyl,etc. Could be that the blade was too far out (or not out far enough) the first time....

I had to replace a blade after one cut once because the vinyl ( a brand I don't usually use) adhesive had gummed up the blade. Wait and see how long this one last.

I do know that if the blade cuts all the way into the cutting strip,it will dull it fast. I usually start to see rough edges,never had the perforated cut thing...when my blade needs changing.

There is,however a setting somewhere that makes perforated cuts on purpose (more for crafting than vinyl cutting,I think) And occasionally there will be a hidden layer that cuts that way.

To sum up,I really have no idea.