I'm writing one now... 

It will contain 3 modules.....  a/r, a/p and estimating.

I've written similar programs for large corps.  But I wanted something just for this business.

The main thing I'm interested in getting is a P&L statement.  After that being able to enter my expenses, create an estimate, and enter my income.

I'll be done with it early next week.  I've got family in for my sister in law's wedding so I won't have a chance to work on it this weekend.

Let me know if you want a copy when I'm done.

later...

Pappy

I would love a copy!  I had thought about using MS Access to keep record of things we talked about and kind of make my own database but it has been so long since I have used it.  I don't know that I can take on learning another piece of software that I don't know for sure will be what I want.  Yours sounds like it has everything!

My wish list includes a program that would relieve my inventory as I use it with a BOM for each job.

Pappy,

I would be very interested in this program also. Please let me know if this is open to anyone and if you are planning on selling it.

Dave

working on it now... I will keep ya'll posted....

Pappy

I am also for QuickBooks.  Short learning curve and does everything we need it to do.  I was thinking of designing something myself, but there is no reason for me to reinvent the wheel.  Good Luck!

Been using quick books 2009 and i love it.

It's only $200 and it's a business write off  :thumbsup:

Had a lot of request for this program....  and had some "ive gotta a better way" emails.  HEY guys (and gals) if you've got something that works fine!

I just posted that I was working on a program to use for MY BUSINESS. 

OK..  Quickbooks is ok, and I'm sure every suggestion that everyone has emailed me is good. 

BUT I WRITE MY OWN SOFTWARE.  THANKS.  I've been a programmer since the late 70's, So if I want another way to sort a database, another screen, 10 million other reports, or to see what customer has spent the most bucks with me....  I write it myself.  See my point?  Hey that's just for the people who have emailed me "why not use such and such?" or I have a better product.

With that said,  I have finished the order part (my wife went into the hospital the end of last week and that threw me off.  Women, its always their fault  :o ).  Another story, another time.

But I will be finished with the order part tomorrow ie.... printing invoices.

I've got a good part of the estimating finished. But wanted to complete the order entry so I could actually print an invoice. 

I'll post a link for the download hopefully sometime tomorrow for the order entry.  Then once I finish the others (the rest of order entry ie payments, a/p, and estimating) I will give you a link.

later...

Pappy

Pappy,

Your last post kind of made me laugh.  I once catered a party with pulled pork.  One of the guys in attendance came up to me  and told me his BBQ sauce was better.  I didn't want to try his because I liked mine.  I think he was offended.  Not everything works for everyone.  I would love to try your program. I wish I had programming skills,  like my cooking skills but I don't.

Thanks for your comments.

Gary