Sign in to follow this  
Guest round2racing

Ebay Beware!!!! Seller - Merandaadam (Meranda Signs)

Guest round2racing

no, I wasn't talking to you, but every time someone is complaining about vinyl they call it 'ebay vinyl' as if it was a brand. I've seen it on here a dozen times.

I don't know about the OP but that vinyl sounds like the stuff that was coming out of Florida until a few months back. It was a roll of the dice. I bought some pink that was great,and some blue that was just as described...tunnelling all the way across the roll. But I was still able to use it...just a lot more trouble.

John, I hope you don't think I was calling it ebay vinyl. My current supplier is, like yours, from ebay.  I just wanted everyone to know about this particular seller and his ill practices.  I just know now that I need to contact the sellers and ask for a small 3 inch square of sample, which most are more than happy to provide, since you can put it in a USPS envelope and send out.

That's how I found my current supplier.

If I offended anyone, please accept my humble apologies....

dam i wish i would have read this before buying.

I have the same problem from this guy.  everything looked good before starting to work with it now there are bubbles everywhere.

i wish i can modified my feed back

Live and learn i guess.

You CAN....just go to your feedback section and do a follow up feedback.

just left him a follow up feed back but the rep is still positive.  couldnt see where i could change it

I wish I would have saw this post last week. I just got some vinyl in from him and I ordered 5 colors and they were all wrapped on the same roll and the edges were mashed because he just rolled it and threw it in a plastic bag to ship. The vinyl has bubbles too.

I'm in the process of trying to resolve this. I think i'm going to go through paypal and request a full refund. This stuff would be good for indoor temp use but not long term at all

well make sure you leave feedback in EBAY, so other customers don't get screwed,  I was looking at the feedback,  obviously they are showing a gloss vinyl in their ads, but it is really matte colors with no shine..  Saw where several people stated that..

yea I have not left feedback yet. I have contacted them and advised I wanted a response quickly or negative feedback would be left and action with paypal would be started before the end of friday with no response.

If anything if I can get him to give me some money back this will be some good starter vinyl for me to practice with and get to learn the tricks and not loose a lot of money

dam i wish i would have read this before buying.

Oh goshhh....do I see a pattern here!  I said the same thing when I opened this thread.

Ordered 20 rolls from this company.  Well, there was $100 down the drain!

.....they were all wrapped on the same roll and the edges were mashed because he just rolled it and threw it in a plastic bag to ship. The vinyl has bubbles too. .....

EXACT scenario here.  20 rolls all clustered onto one - backwards, so the vinyl curls up when in the plotter.  Edges are all mashed, and bubbles everywhere.  Right in the ad they have a picture of glossy vinyl that says "picture of actuall vinyl for sale".  Well, sad to say, it's far from it.  I cut some for several people who wanted various what nots......3 out of 4 of them noted the poor quality of vinyl.

I sent them a message - polite, but direct, asking for rectification, or appropriate feedback will be left.  We'll see what happens.  If I don't hear anything by Fri next week - here we go Paypal complaint.

In the defence of "Ebay vinyl", I did also order some from "signdesignsupplies1" and that stuff is pretty nice, IMHO, glossy, paackaged nice, they even tape the entire end of the roll to protect from damage!  Very nice.

Got a reply back from the seller. He sent half of my money back at my request. The vinyl I got is good for the super cheap pratice I will get from it now!!

I found a local sign supply company N. Glantz & Son that I will probably be buying most of my vinyl from for jobs.

yea I have not left feedback yet. I have contacted them and advised I wanted a response quickly or negative feedback would be left and action with paypal would be started before the end of friday with no response.

If anything if I can get him to give me some money back this will be some good starter vinyl for me to practice with and get to learn the tricks and not loose a lot of money

a quick little bit of advice,, NEVER mention in a complaint that you will leave negative  feedback,,  Matter of fact, never mention feedback in any emails when you have a complaint with a seller. , You cannot threaten a seller for any reason. .     EBAY,  has a policy that you CANNOT  mention negative feedback to get what you want.  This is right from the EBAY site..  " This member attempted to apply feedback extortion for unreasonable demands."  This statement is a legitimate complaint that a seller can file against a buyer, all they have to do is copy and paste your message into the complaint box.    Although you have a gripe,  you still have to follow Ebay policy or you can find YOURSELF in a jam....  and suspended yourself.

Seller replied to me as well today.  Appologetic and willing to help me out.  He asked if it was a shipping problem, and if it was, he offered a full refund, and he would deal with the insurance on his behalf.  Well the edges its a possibility, Im not so sure on the bubbles.  Otherwise he offered a partial refund and asked how much I wanted.  Didnt really know how to handle that, so I gave the ball back to him, and we'll see what the outcome is.

You make a good point about mentioning feedback, as this is true.  Sad, but true.

Seller has stopped communication.  I have sent several emails, to no avail.  :thumbsup:

Im thinking its time for a third party to resolve this.  :thumbsup:

lol, I see there are no more items for sale......hmm I wonder....

Update: Left feedback, and filed a claim.  I see he must give alot of refunds, according to his feedback.  My order was $79.95.  With shipping, it came to $106.xx.  Im thinking the $27.xx he charges for shipping covers his cost of product/shipping.  Then, if people complain, he just spits out a refund to shut them up and keep the positive feed back comming.  ........well, maybe thats what he WAS doing.. :thumbsup:

I got a email yesterday from Ebay. The sellers account has been closed because they claim their account was comprimised. They have stopped responding to me also. It sounds like they create a account for a while then abandon it and start a new one.

I have filed a claim with paypal and they have till the 21st to respond or my claim is instantly approved in my favor.

Im kinda hoping they do not respond. If paypal fails I did pay with my Credit card so I have a backup there. Looks like my $60 in cheap vinyl just became free cheap vinyl, I hope.

If it does Im buying some Oracal 651. lol

Guest round2racing

bama,

like I said in the earlier parts of this post, I got crap from them, but then I found signdesignsupplies.com.

Billy has good vinyl at great prices. 

I have used his vinyl in every job I have done and haven't had one complaint on the vinyl.

He's doesn't carry matte vinyl, but his app tape and vinyl are really good for the price.

Thanks Mac!!

I will be checking them out once i get my refund. I got some great vinyl from James! & Carolina Vinyl Supplies recently and will use them in the future too!!! I can vouch for both of them, they are great to deal with!!!

im glad he got shut down or what ever happen.

The shipping is the main reason besides it being crappy vinyl.  You cant ship something like that in a bag.  If you see how the post office, ups, or fed ex handle their items you would understand.

I have his # if anyone wants it also.

Is it too late to put a complaint in with paypal?  its been over a month

Yea the more people that open claims it looks better for us!! I got looking at the cheap white vinyl today. The backing paper is more white than the vinyl. LOL

It works well for me to play with though. It has almost no stretch to it also. its very brittle.

Guest round2racing

Mine was puckered all through the rolls.  The vinyl had shrunk and pulled away from the backing paper.

I had to use a rolling pin on the backing paper to mush it down, othewise the cutter ran through a huge bubble.

I hope he stays gone.